Honored Contributor

Re: TSV for 10/25 Hallmark Cards?

And it's on auto-delivery.  I'm trying to understand what and when the second shipment is.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Okay so if you buy the holiday assortment now, the second shipment is in May and you get a set of all occasion cards.

It's a good value.  It's a little over a dollar a card.  While Hallmark does have a line of $.99 cards, most of their cards are $2.95 and up.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry to say that the only cards I seem to buy these days are sympathy cards.  Hallmark had a nice one for many years that I always purchased.  They phased it out and now have another one that I don't like as much, but it's simple and pretty.

I don't like "wordy" cards.  

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:
  • It's just awful.  First, the metallic decor is hijacked and floating around somewhere in the Pacific, another Valerie show is cancelled and now the TSV is a box of Hallmark cards.  How much more can we stand of this kind of treatment?  Woman Frustrated

I'll say it again! Selling cards is not an issue. I'm sure there are many who would love to pick them up and be done with it, easily delivered to the door.

The problem is it's the TSV. We are running out of holiday decor season, and this is what they give us. 

I could even see if this was a pack up that contained cards and wrapping paper and ribbons, all coordinating and ready to go for the season. At least that would seem substantial. But a box of cards, I don't care how 'nice' is really a pitiful offering for the 'best deal of the day'.

It's not even November, how can we be running out of holiday decor season? 

the all occasion cards are actually a nice alternative, to the TSV, but given Hallmark I'd expect ornaments.

Oh well

Honored Contributor

I watched the presentation at midnight, and I have to say, that if you like the cards, it is indeed a good deal. 

I thought the all occasion cards were horrible. I know they fit today's 'style' but I thought most of them were just plain ugly. I find nicer graphics for 50 cents each at the Dollar Tree (not as nice a quality card stock or embellished, but what I consider prettier artwork).

Of the holiday assortment, I liked/would want to send, maybe 50% of them. Again, I know the graphics and colors are on trend, just not at all the style I would choose to represent my holiday greetings normally. 

Really great price per card at $1.31 (with the shipping but no tax included) if you like the styles. Sounded like they were selling pretty fast too. Glad others found a deal, even if I didn't.

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:
  • It's just awful.  First, the metallic decor is hijacked and floating around somewhere in the Pacific, another Valerie show is cancelled and now the TSV is a box of Hallmark cards.  How much more can we stand of this kind of treatment?  Woman Frustrated

I'll say it again! Selling cards is not an issue. I'm sure there are many who would love to pick them up and be done with it, easily delivered to the door.

The problem is it's the TSV. We are running out of holiday decor season, and this is what they give us. 

I could even see if this was a pack up that contained cards and wrapping paper and ribbons, all coordinating and ready to go for the season. At least that would seem substantial. But a box of cards, I don't care how 'nice' is really a pitiful offering for the 'best deal of the day'.

It's not even November, how can we be running out of holiday decor season? 

the all occasion cards are actually a nice alternative, to the TSV, but given Hallmark I'd expect ornaments.

Oh well

@jackthebear

QVC is pretty much done selling holiday decor by the end of the first week in November. Everything pretty much shifts to gifts by then ( and seems to be doing so earlier than usual this year). 

Q gave us a very weak holiday decor season this year. CIJ was dismal, Jill's holiday decor shows removed and replaced with gifts several weeks after we were promised themed decor each Friday night etc.

So when I say that, I of course don't mean elsewhere, I'm simply referring to QVC holiday decor shows being just about done and over.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

I was kind of hoping it would be a Hallmark-themed Dyson.

Or a tiny Dyson that could be mailed in a beautifully decorated envelope?

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

I understand what you mean now,

Christmas decor shows are a nowatch for me, so I haven't noticed what was going on there.

maybe they pushed them too much from July to now??

Honored Contributor

Just watching the current presentation and have to say the quality of the cardstock doesn't seem very good either. There are no graphics inside, lots of plain white (good if you like to write notes inside). Appears to me that the envelopes are not lined and no coordinating graphics, but did they show that one way or the other?

I usually buy Lang boxed cards. Nice graphics inside the card, very thick and textured cardstock, and envelopes with graphics to match the cards. I've gotten Hallmark boxed sets at Sam's Club (for about the same price per card) that have much higher end finishing than these as well. 

A really nice quality card is more than the front graphics. For me, it needs to carry out throughout, with inside graphics and script/wording, Envelopes that are lined or have coordinating graphics. Thick card stock, with texture. And nice cards are getting away from the total white background and totally stark white envelopes. 

QVC had the opportunity to do this up really well. If other places are selling better made cards for this price range, they could have as well.

To me, these are a cut rate more scaled back Hallmark card. They tried to impress with the front, but when you go beyond that it gets really generic really  fast.

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Just watching the current presentation and have to say the quality of the cardstock doesn't seem very good either. There are no graphics inside, lots of plain white (good if you like to write notes inside). Appears to me that the envelopes are not lined and no coordinating graphics, but did they show that one way or the other?

I usually buy Lang boxed cards. Nice graphics inside the card, very thick and textured cardstock, and envelopes with graphics to match the cards. I've gotten Hallmark boxed sets at Sam's Club (for about the same price per card) that have much higher end finishing than these as well. 

A really nice quality card is more than the front graphics. For me, it needs to carry out throughout, with inside graphics and script/wording, Envelopes that are lined or have coordinating graphics. Thick card stock, with texture. And nice cards are getting away from the total white background and totally stark white envelopes. 

QVC had the opportunity to do this up really well. If other places are selling better made cards for this price range, they could have as well.

To me, these are a cut rate more scaled back Hallmark card. They tried to impress with the front, but when you go beyond that it gets really generic really  fast.

Made for the Q?