Honored Contributor

Re: TSV for 10/25 Hallmark Cards?

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Or a deer IN a lantern!!!

@ChiliPepper

Ha! Made me laugh. But that would be something that might send quite a few of us into a  buying frenzy!!

Regular Contributor

Well, to be fair, I'm sure this tsv will be well-appreciated by anyone who has mobility issues and doesn't get out much, or a great gift for seniors in a residence/rehab type situation, or, really for a bunch of people..  The offer has two options, the "holiday" or the "all occasion." 

• Includes 24 individually wrapped greeting cards with coordinating envelopes, gold Hallmark seals, and storage box
  • Cards are hand-embellished with enhancements like attachments, ribbons, pom-poms, and beads
  • Holiday: 15 Christmas cards, nine general holiday/seasonal cards
  • All-Occasion: 14 birthday cards, two baby cards, two wedding/anniversary cards, two sympathy cards, two thinking of you cards, one thank you card, and one general blank card
  • Card size varies; extra postage may be required

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea; but to some.............

Esteemed Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Or a deer IN a lantern!!!

YES!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Years ago I managed a hallmark store and have soooo many boxed christmas cards with the gold seals and everything to go with.  I think it will take me the rest if my life to use them all up.  I will say though they do have beautiful cards and I do feel good sending them.  Thing is I do send less and less cards nowadays.

Respected Contributor

@forest4thetrees wrote:

Well, to be fair, I'm sure this tsv will be well-appreciated by anyone who has mobility issues and doesn't get out much, or a great gift for seniors in a residence/rehab type situation, or, really for a bunch of people..  The offer has two options, the "holiday" or the "all occasion." 

• Includes 24 individually wrapped greeting cards with coordinating envelopes, gold Hallmark seals, and storage box
  • Cards are hand-embellished with enhancements like attachments, ribbons, pom-poms, and beads
  • Holiday: 15 Christmas cards, nine general holiday/seasonal cards
  • All-Occasion: 14 birthday cards, two baby cards, two wedding/anniversary cards, two sympathy cards, two thinking of you cards, one thank you card, and one general blank card
  • Card size varies; extra postage may be required

Maybe not everyone's cup of tea; but to some.............

I agree. It is not everyones cup of tea, but neither is any TSV. Everyone does not decorate for Christmas and need tons of holiday decoration. I have poker straight hair and no use for the hair straightener TSV a couple of days ago. Residents of Key West have no use for a snow blower.

I do not send Christmas cards, but may get the all-occasion box depending on the price. Does anyone know the TSV price? Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

I was kind of hoping it would be a Hallmark-themed Dyson.

Valued Contributor

How about a lantern IN a deer?

Valued Contributor

I'm with you, RazorSharp!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • It's just awful.  First, the metallic decor is hijacked and floating around somewhere in the Pacific, another Valerie show is cancelled and now the TSV is a box of Hallmark cards.  How much more can we stand of this kind of treatment?  Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:
  • It's just awful.  First, the metallic decor is hijacked and floating around somewhere in the Pacific, another Valerie show is cancelled and now the TSV is a box of Hallmark cards.  How much more can we stand of this kind of treatment?  Woman Frustrated

I'll say it again! Selling cards is not an issue. I'm sure there are many who would love to pick them up and be done with it, easily delivered to the door.

The problem is it's the TSV. We are running out of holiday decor season, and this is what they give us. 

I could even see if this was a pack up that contained cards and wrapping paper and ribbons, all coordinating and ready to go for the season. At least that would seem substantial. But a box of cards, I don't care how 'nice' is really a pitiful offering for the 'best deal of the day'.