Honored Contributor

Cute, very cute.  We aren't Irish.  So, despite being from the Boston area, we never did anything about St. Patricks Day.  Okay, maybe when the kids were little, we'd get them a green sprinkled donut. 

Honored Contributor

The only thing I ever did for St. Patrick's day was a couple of years when my son was young, I went to the Dollar Tree and got some beads, pencils and other trinkets, turned the house upside down (toppled chairs, and messed the place up real good) and scattered the holiday stuff everywhere, after he had gone to bed on the night before. When he woke up on St. Patrick's Day, he was shocked and surprised.

We told him the leprechauns were ornery and had come and done it all in fun, and left him all those little trinkets for surprises. He had a big time with it all! We only did it for a couple of years, and nothing before or since.

So I enjoy seeing others things!

Honored Contributor

Shamrocks hanging from the outdoor trees........I'm not of Irish descent,  but I WAS born in Chicago........we celebrate big-time there!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Beautiful!  Thanks so much for sharing @homedecor1 !

I've collected quite a few pieces for St. Patrick's Day from Jim Shore over the years.

Also very nice things from Michael's, they do nice things with antique looking postcards featuring Irish girls, leprechauns and the like.

I have a lovely emerald green Fenton bowl that I fill with Rolo candy, each piece wrapped in gold, to look like a pot of gold.   I put a mischievous leprechaun next to it.

Trusted Contributor

Cute decorations!  And you have a lovely home.

Honored Contributor

Very nice. I love the quilt on your chair.

I'm Irish so I love all things Irish. We have Irish home items out year round-framed prints, Aran throw, pillows, crystal. Since today is March 1st I put the shamrock wreath on the front door, and some things out in the kitchen. Jim Shore claddagh Irish angel and the cutest Jim Shore shamrock. My Mom has Galway crystal, a few Waterford pieces, and Belleek.

I started my mother on a collection of Irish cottage and castle replicas years ago. I forget what they're called but QVC sold them for a while back then. They're so cute, she keeps them in her china hutch. I like displaying them in March on tables or windowsills.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21@Tennesseegal

thank you ! 

The quilt was on my very first bed when I got my first apt. I love it and it was bought I believe at the Kutztown Fair in PA by my dad. I think it was made by the Amish ladies.

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 That's very special

Btw the name of those Irish replica cottages and castles is Irish Heritage Collection. They're made in Ireland.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@ChiliPepper

I'm like a 70% or more off sales -- I go to all the stores after the holiday, I've found my best finds this way (esp Michaels).  Most stores have the 50% coupons.🍀

I love the gel stickies for my sliders (not in pic) I pick these up as soon as I see them for each holiday☘️

@homedecor1

Yepper, I love a good deal too!!! I got a couple little leprechauns for my shelf at work at the Dollar store. They are cute! Now I need a pot of gold!

@ChiliPepper

Michaels is a great place to get St. Patricks Day items and in our area, so is Big Lots as well as Dollar Tree. 

Honored Contributor

I used to get nice/fun stuff at Joann's but they closed here.

I just have a garden flag and door ornament.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN