Honored Contributor

So who cancelled a lot this morning?

I put a number of advanced orders in, and a few check holds, that I'm pretty sure I won't keep. The advanced orders were food based, and mostly I want the tins, so really not a good investment.

The  waitlist for things that sold out are kind of iffy as well, and I may not wait to see if they come in. 

I tend to order in the moment as things are selling out fast, or get in just after they sell out and get on wait list, just to give myself some time to really consider.

So if you missed something you loved, keep checking back this week. Lots of cancellations after a big event, and some things pop back up off and on all week long.

In about two weeks there will probably be a lot of as is and I'll consider some of those waitlist and check hold purchases again at a cheaper price. 

Usually, if I have to wait for something, I revisit the video several times and after being on waitlist for a week or two, I loose interest and cancel (saves a lot of money!)

Respected Contributor

Re: So who cancelled a lot this morning?

If something is moving fast, I still won't make that purchase unless I'm absolutely sure I want it and where I'm going to use it.  I figure if it's gone by the time I make up my mind, I wasn't supposed to get it!

Trusted Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

If something is moving fast, I still won't make that purchase unless I'm absolutely sure I want it and where I'm going to use it.  I figure if it's gone by the time I make up my mind, I wasn't supposed to get it!

@Buck-i-Nana I do the same thing.  Last night I was consdering the multi colored ornament wreath on Valerie's 9 PM show but couldn't figure out where I was gonna use it and it sold out so fast. Figured it wasn't meant to come to my house either

Esteemed Contributor

I haven't cancelled anything, but I did come here to re-watch videos on the two items I purchased yesterday, and to think some more on another item that I want, the Ed on Air punched metal star in bronze.

I'm keeping my two orders, the sage ginger jar and JS rotating scene snowman, but still thinking on the star.  I will probably cave soon.

Honored Contributor

I have Val's Ginger Jars in large and small on check hold.  The battery life is only 40 days. I am trying to get away from short battery life decor pieces. I like them but the more I think about changing the batteries 10 times in 1 year ...the more I want to cancel the order.

Honored Contributor

@MTH wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana I do the same thing.  Last night I was consdering the multi colored ornament wreath on Valerie's 9 PM show but couldn't figure out where I was gonna use it and it sold out so fast. Figured it wasn't meant to come to my house either

@MTH  I still use an ornament wreath in Burgundy/Gold from David Shindler when he was at QVC.  I also have the 10" ones in B/G and the multi that I use as candle rings. Mine are made using one of those wire wreath forms and shatterproof ornaments.  The ornaments are fastened to the wire form by opening  the hanger on the ornament and looping it over the wire and then closing it back.  When Walmart gets their ornaments in I plan to buy  some silver and gold ornaments in different sizes and making a wreath. I have made pinecone wreathes and the hardest part is getting the right sizes to fill space without leaving obvious spaces between the objects. 

I didn't buy anything from Jill or Valerie last night.  I'm getting better at looking but not buying.  If you decide to try to make an ornament wreath I will post a picture of front and back of mine for you.

Honored Contributor

I haven't cancelled anything.  I want the glittered drop garlands and candle rings, Reindeer and the spheres.  I was careful not to order unless I was sure that I wanted the item.  I considered the trumpeting angels but they sold out while I was thinking and it doesn't bother me.  I'm getting better at not ordering too much.

Honored Contributor

Years back, I used to have order regret.  Now the vast majority of what I buy from QVC is on my AD list and I order very little in between those shipments, and I keep better track of those AD shipments and skip some when I see a stash developing.  Just not doing that to myself again.

The most interesting thing to me is that when I began to be a more considered buyer here at QVC, I also changed my buying habits elsewhere.  I didn't just change from buying here and then go buy similar types of products from other retailers.

Valued Contributor

lucymo, I hve those trumpeting angles on waitlist I think would work well with raindeer candleholders we purchased on my mantle.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@MTH  I still use an ornament wreath in Burgundy/Gold from David Shindler when he was at QVC.  I also have the 10" ones in B/G and the multi that I use as candle rings. Mine are made using one of those wire wreath forms and shatterproof ornaments.  The ornaments are fastened to the wire form by opening  the hanger on the ornament and looping it over the wire and then closing it back.  When Walmart gets their ornaments in I plan to buy  some silver and gold ornaments in different sizes and making a wreath. I have made pinecone wreathes and the hardest part is getting the right sizes to fill space without leaving obvious spaces between the objects. 

I didn't buy anything from Jill or Valerie last night.  I'm getting better at looking but not buying.  If you decide to try to make an ornament wreath I will post a picture of front and back of mine for you.

@lucymo Thanks Lucy. I have one spot I was thinking of using it in, but then I keep thinking of all the items I already have that I could also use in that same spot so I'm just not sure what I want to do yet. guess its a bit early for me to figure out where everything is gonna go so I may just sit tight for now. I do like that wreath but there goes another $40 by the time I add shipping and tax.  Guess we are getting a bit more cautious. It does sound like I missed a lot of beautiful items when David Slatkin was around. From your explanation tho, doesn't sound too diffucult to make myself so posting any pic whenever you get a chance is great if you don't mind.