Frequent Contributor

Shipping up 50 cents today?!

Hi forum! Is it is just me or did shipping go up today on every item by 50 cents? I noticed that shipping on many items before today's all day holiday sale was $5.00. Now it's $5.50; from $3.00 to $3.50 and so forth. I saw what do did there, QVC.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Shipping up 50 cents today?!

[ Edited ]

It looks like the shipping went up by 50 cents on the holiday items not other things (I looked at a Denim and Co. item and a Nick Chavez product for comparison). Still, I don't think this tactic. 

Honored Contributor

I have not noticed or looked. I'm sure it will keep going up. You will still get stuck paying shipping both ways if you return something & that is like throwing money in the trash IMO.

Honored Contributor

Some shipping prices started increasing by .50 about 2 weeks ago, there were several threads about it, including one from me.

They just started slipping it in........sneaky.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

They probably think they've been very sly and foxy slipping this shipping increase by us.  Nobody will notice, right?  Ha!  We notice.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

GREAT Observation but YOU aren't suppose to tell anyone???

It's a secret, just like many other services etc raise their prices during the Holiday season ie. your hair salon, nail salon

People are so busy during this time that a lot don't notice what hit their wallet....maybe the Q is making a jumpstart on just the Holiday items.

Respected Contributor

...50 cents.  Well, there goes any thoughts I had of retiring in 10 years...lol

Trusted Contributor

Am I missing something but didn't the Q change their shipping prices to $3 across the board?  I guess I thought it was a permanent thing....

Honored Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

Am I missing something but didn't the Q change their shipping prices to $3 across the board?  I guess I thought it was a permanent thing....

Yes, you are missing something.  The change wasn't $3 across the board.  It was on a good portion of clothing, beauty and other lighter items.  Things like home decor went to $5 and there's another grouping that didn't change.