Regular Contributor

Most times when there is a  holiday showing, there is a round wooden log being used as a display. Does anyone know where I can find something like that? I have seen it on Valerie's show with the lanterns on it or Jill's show with other Christmas decorations on it. For example, H209004 picture. Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

@sue311 - I didn't look at your references, but I've seen round slabs at Michael's, etc. but only about 2" thick.  I've never seen anything of any height.

Esteemed Contributor

@sue311 wrote:

Most times when there is a  holiday showing, there is a round wooden log being used as a display. Does anyone know where I can find something like that? I have seen it on Valerie's show with the lanterns on it or Jill's show with other Christmas decorations on it. For example, H209004 picture. Thanks.

@sue311, I don't have an answer, but am adding the photo:

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/04/h209004.005

Esteemed Contributor

I've wondered about those logs, too.  If I want to elevate a lantern, I sometimes use a classic book or a decorative box.

Honored Contributor

I recently picked up some from TJMaxx, to sit my Luminara candles on. Some like this size for inidivual candles and larger ones that you can cluster several candles on.

They also had some taller birch logs with a cutout for a tealight candle, love those too!

The taller ones I found near the candle section, but the larger ones were actually in the kitchen section, like they were cutting boards with bark around them, LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@sue311 wrote:

@sue311, I don't have an answer, but am adding the photo:

http://images-p.qvc.com/is/image/h/04/h209004.005

@SHOPR @sue311 I didn't see this in the video, only saw the logs in the fireplace and thought that was the subject in question, lol.  Zulily had some 6.63 x 6.63 rounds which I did buy to elevate items.

Honored Contributor

Bonsai stands are also good for elevating smaller objects.  They come in all shapes - round, square, rectangular - and sizes.  I have many.

Valued Contributor

I have one that I bought at BedBath&Beyond in the kitchen area. It's by B.Smith (designer) and it's for serving cheese/fruit etc. on. It's not real wood, but a resin (I think). I use it that way but also for displaying candles. Save-on-Crafts has these in real wood, different sizes and from different trees, but the shipping is pricey due to the weight. 

I had my DH cut many for me when we had a tree that died. He has a chain saw and a planer and was a furniture builder for years, so that helped. I call them tree slices and I use them inside and out.  I have them on my mantle and on my front porch with pumpkins displayed on them. You could Google that to find where to buy them. HTH

Super Contributor

I recently bought some from a seller on Etsy! LOVE THEM!! She makes them in any sizes you would want if you want to customize an order or purchase whatever she has available. Search "gorgeous elm slices" and all her stuff comes up (didn't want to say her shop name in case I shouldn't). I have been searching for these things forever because I use them in my winter/fall decor and I just love them. HTH

Respected Contributor
Thanks for his thread and for those that responded. I've been wanting some of these!