Re: REVIEW OF JIM SHORE'S PIECES!

[ Edited ]

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl

@Noel7

@pupwhipped

@crazycockermom

Anyone get their Zulily items yet??? I'm still waiting.

mousiegirl, what is norm for their shipping out?

@ChiliPepper  Usually, it is two-three weeks from ordering.  I just received my fawn yesterday, so you should be receiving your items soon.  Actually, I think items are arriving much quicker than they did last year.  I bought his pelican too, and it is adorable, just wish it were larger. Smiley Happy  It will go in my beachy display, one day

@mousiegirl

Oh ok, good to know. I am so excited, I get so anxious LOL! I guess I'm used to QVC's mostly quick shipping.

I know the bad weather we have all had did/will slow down the delivery end of it, that is understandable.

I was hoping to get my rainbow leprechaun before St. Patty's Day but that's ok - I still love him!

I saw the pelican, LOVED HIM!!! He is on my wish list. I have a beachy theme in my bathroom. Believe it or not, I bought this:

h284424.jpg

Now he is big!!!

Thanks for the info, I'll try to be patient LOL!!!

@ChiliPepper  I was tempted by this seagull, he looks so real. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

He REALLY looks real! He reminds me of my childhood by the lake.

Respected Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

You guys shouldn't encourage me cause I just keep hunting and coming up with stuff. Not a bunny, nor a basket, but oh soooooo cute! Which Came First?-Pint Sized Duck Holding Egg Figurine

Found him on Jim Shore's site. He's only 5" tall, 22 bucks, and not available till mid March, but Quack Quack, he's adorable......even on the back.

Duck update! I was killing time today before a doctor's appointment and wandered into my local Hallmark store...there was the adorable duck. And my store had this game where you could draw a coupon outta of a pot of gold for a discount. I got five dollars off a $20 purchase. The duck was $22.95 so my coupon worked out pretty well. I also got a 25% off coupon on any future purchase so I think I may go back to the store tomorrow and kill some more time. Ha!    

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped

That duck is cute!   And what a great deal!  I had to go into a Hallmark store yesterday.  Rarely go, so I was surprised to see they had Jim Shore items there.  I really want the pink bunny so they are going to get it in for me.  Wish I had them order that duck too!

Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom, yeah, my store is not a big store at all, but they do have a decent amount of Jim Shore's items. To be honest, I had forgotten about the cute little Easter egg holding duck. But then there he was staring right back at me! And about the time I spied him, one of the Hallmark ladies asked me if knew about their coupon promotion. You literally went to the counter with your item and then drew a slip of paper out of a pot of gold container for your discount. Too fun! I called it a win and that duck came home with me!     

Honored Contributor

4051400-high-res.jpg4051397-high-res.jpg

@mousiegirl

@Noel7

@pupwhipped

@crazycockermom

@Spurt

So, I finally got my JS items. LOVE!!!

So stinkin' cute!!!

How about the rest of you??? Did you get your items?? What do you think of them?

Respected Contributor

@ChiliPepper
So cute! The Hallmark store is getting the pink bunny in for me. Can't wait to get it. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@ChiliPepper
So cute! The Hallmark store is getting the pink bunny in for me. Can't wait to get it. Smiley Happy

@crazycockermom

This pink bunny??? Oh awesome!!!

As a side note, she is bigger than I realized. I am usually good about checking measurements but I was thinking for some reason she was the size of his miniatures but she is larger - about 5-1/2" tall. That is a good thing, such a nice presence.

I wonder if she is the right scale to fit in with Valerie's mercury glass chicks?

She has such a sweet expression on her face. I hope you love her too!

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@ChiliPepper

@crazycockermom

@Noel7

BTW, my bunny is a bit darker pink than it appears in the pictures - it's medium pink & dark pink vs. light pink & medium pink.

If that matters to you & what you are going to put it with.

Respected Contributor

Got my pink bunny!  Local Hallmark store got it in for me.  I also bought another piece they had just gotten in, even though I don't like impulse buying.  I prefer to ponder my purchases for several days and drive myself crazy.  

Anyway, here is a pic of my two new pieces:IMG_4757.JPG