Super Contributor

So I am curious, what is everyone buying from pier one during this sell? thought I would start a new thread and see what everyone bought, and maybe show us pics of your new items? So far I have ordered the small amber pumkin and the petite orange pumkin, the ivory small tealight pumkin and the amber tealight pumkin, capriz acorn set and the medium blue and amber pumkin and the pumkin risers. Dont know if I am done yet. Still deciding on a few more items.

Respected Contributor

Pier one is my weakness.  I recently bought 4 glass acorns (each about  the size of a small orange), a Fall wreath for the front door, a couple of little Halloween trinkets to give to the Grandchildren.  

Honored Contributor

I'm odd man out here, as I've never purchased from P1.

We lost our store decades ago, and back then all I can remember of it was a bunch of wicker and modern stuff that wasn't anything close to my decor.

Since everyone here talks so much about it, I have gone online to look at their things, and they do a have a lot of things I find to be very tempting, especially their seasonal toss pillows. 

I just never take the plunge due to price, and not being able to 'see' the items in person. I have a hard time ordering online (especially if the prices are higher than my normal spending pattern) because I cannot see the item in more than a couple of photos. I will say that P1 online photos are much better than other retailers (including Q, who's videos help sell me a product, but who's online still shots are simply horrible).

Several really nice things others have picked up this year, but I have yet to take the plunge.

Respected Contributor

As I mentioned on another thread, I bought some Poinsettia plates.  They weren't on sale, but I did take advantage of the free shipping.

@Mominohio You are wise to be cautious with online shopping.  Even Pier 1's pictures aren't always representative of how an item looks in person.  As an example, I loved the feather pumpkins from this year and almost bought them when there was a free shipping offer earlier.  From the picture, it looks like there is a bit of glitter on the stem, but mostly texture.  In person, the whole center top and stem are covered thickly with glitter which does not fit in with my decor direction at all.  I would have had to return them which would have been easy for me as I am near a store, but inconvenient if you had to return by shipping.

Honored Contributor

I've been going crazy there lately.  I bought a large & three small of the amber/teal pumpkins along with the risers, a new fall beaded runner, fall garland & a beautiful beaded candle holder. I have to stay away!! 

Honored Contributor

I bought a set of three acorns online.  I went to the store on Sunday.  I forgot to look at the risers.  I have about six glass pumpkins from the last couple years.  A couple cream and the rest are Amber.  I really like the Amber and turquoise ones, but luckily the turquoise won't fit in with the rest.

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

I bought a set of three acorns online.  I went to the store on Sunday.  I forgot to look at the risers.  I have about six glass pumpkins from the last couple years.  A couple cream and the rest are Amber.  I really like the Amber and turquoise ones, but luckily the turquoise won't fit in with the rest.

@GCR18  The acorns, gourd/pumpkin filler, quail, and little turkeys arrived today and everything is wonderful. Smiley Happy  I am thinking about more filler and acorns.  The acorns just happen to be the colors of Valerie's maple glitter garlands, so that worked out well.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@GCR18 wrote:

@GCR18  The acorns, gourd/pumpkin filler, quail, and little turkeys arrived today and everything is wonderful. Smiley Happy  I am thinking about more filler and acorns.  The acorns just happen to be the colors of Valerie's maple glitter garlands, so that worked out well.

@mousiegirl

Well if you are getting more acorns, you need a boat basket.  They have some on stands and without.  I was eying one without.  The store only had one.  I need to research them more before I decide if I REALLY need one.

Super Contributor

Did you get the tealight holder turkeys? I was thinking they were cute!

Honored Contributor

@DarlingDino wrote:

Did you get the tealight holder turkeys? I was thinking they were cute!

@DarlingDino  No, the raffia I believe it is, really cute.