Trusted Contributor

Re: Only 44 more Thursdays until Christmas!

UGH....no thanks.

Trusted Contributor

@Perkup, it's in Branson, MO.  We're going to a nearby resort called Big Cedar Lodge (Bass Pro Shop owns it) for my 60th birthday.  But what I'm really looking forward to is the Christmas Village - there are stores selling handmade Christmas decor and goodies - woodcarving, soap, candles, ornaments, etc.   I can never get enough Christmas!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

talk about "wishing your life away"

just enjoy the year as it unfolds 

No, that's not it at all.

For many of us, we carry the magic & spirit of Christmas in are hearts 365 days a year. It's a wonderful feeling!

Trusted Contributor

Exactly, @spot555!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@meallen616 wrote:

I put away the Valentine's day decor and I just finished decorating for St. Patrick's day. I love and miss Christmas too.

Related image

@meallen616

I hear ya!!! I love & decorate for all the little holidays too!!!

I doesn't stop me from thinking & planning for the others in my head though!!!

hqdefault.jpg

Honored Contributor

The older I get the more I feel like Bah Humbug!!!

I just feel like going up in the mountains in a cabin so I can hibernate. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

talk about "wishing your life away"

just enjoy the year as it unfolds 

Who said anything about wishing their life away? If looking forward with joy, to anything from Christmas season to the next family reunion, or big vacation you are planning, or a child's upcoming wedding is wishing your life away, then I'll do it!

Looking forward in anticipation, as well as remembering the past fondly are really the two things life is about. All the good times you have had, and all those yet to come. What is so wrong with that?

Valued Contributor

I was counting the months until Christmas in July, just the other day.Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

@Perkup, it's in Branson, MO.  We're going to a nearby resort called Big Cedar Lodge (Bass Pro Shop owns it) for my 60th birthday.  But what I'm really looking forward to is the Christmas Village - there are stores selling handmade Christmas decor and goodies - woodcarving, soap, candles, ornaments, etc.   I can never get enough Christmas!

@Shogirl, my hubby and I went there for our 50th birthdays...we're born six days apart. We had a great time. We didn't get to stay at Big Cedar cause they don't take pets...and I couldn't leave my baby, Gracie. This was eleven years ago and we definitely need to go back. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio  Hmmmm. Well, maybe I'll just leave the rest of my Christmas decor out rather than store it away and then have to take it out again !!

woohoo.jpg

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein