Honored Contributor

Re: New dinnerware at P1 for the holidays

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@SHOPR Do you have other pieces of that set or will you just get the 2 new salad plates from this years additions?  I'm sure a lot of us get the P1 emails. I keep telling myself to 'unsubscribe' to avoid temptation...LOL

Too bad we didn't live closer to each other! We could shop in P1 together. I have to pick up the Poinsettia Tree Collar then. Maybe you would have been able to help me keep away from anything else that tempted me!

@Susan Louise, No, I don't have any of the Pier1 set and I only have a few of the BHG salad plates, in the tree/bunny and fawn styles.  I usually decorate with the salad plates on stands, here and there in the dining room.  I have also used them on the table mixed with some plaid plates. 

@SHOPR  That's a great idea to decorate with them!!!

And yes, I do that too. I am ashamed at how many patterns of plaid dinner plates I collected in 2014...0-emoticon.gif

Pottery Barn's Carson Plaid

Target's Classic Tidings

William's & Sonoma Tartan Plaid

Cracker Barrel

Pacific Rim

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

And yes, I do that too. I am ashamed at how many patterns of plaid dinner plates I collected in 2014...0-emoticon.gif

Pottery Barn's Carson Plaid

Target's Classic Tidings

William's & Sonoma Tartan Plaid

Cracker Barrel

Pacific Rim

@SHOPR  That's a great idea to decorate with them!!!

@Susan Louise If you ever decide to get rid of your Target Classic Tidings, please let me know.  I've been stalking those on eBay, but I've only ever found a set of bowls which I didn't buy as I only need plates.  Like you, I have PB Carson Plaid which I found on sale for $3 per plate.  Have you seen Mud Pie's Tartan Collection?  The chargers are fabric-covered plastic, but so cute and there are matching napkins. Tartan Chargers. They aren't on the Mud Pie site and I'm not sure why.  Maybe these were from last year?

Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise

I have a tall stack of the BHG salad plates and live in the southeast.

I will have to go look through my stash, but I am pretty sure I have at least one chickadee plate. I have a slight problem when it comes to the cute salad plates!

Will have to check out the bay to see what they are selling for now! Maybe I can cash in!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl~

No not at all, its just like Miles Kimbal or others-you can order online or by phone or go on their website. You don't have to sign up or anything.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@on the bay wrote:

@mousiegirl~

No not at all, its just like Miles Kimbal or others-you can order online or by phone or go on their website. You don't have to sign up or anything.

@on the bay  I tried to put something into the cart, but nothing happened, over and over, and membership pop-ups kept appearing.  I'll try again tomorrow.  

Honored Contributor

Oh I'm sorry @mousiegirl Maybe if you have adblock it doesn't work or cookies or something. But I don't like to order from websites that do that. Maybe I never did ordered online now that I think of it. I look online to read reviews which seem very honest. I've ordered over the phone and that is easier. Most everything I've gotten from there are some of my favorite things. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

Sorry for the O/T but I need to page @Marsha2003 -- Please check your email. 

Thanks

I managed to snag a wreath!  You're the best.  Thank you.

@SHOPR & @Marsha2003  Since you brought it up...which wreath?

Autumn's Glory H210606.  I had reverse buyer's remorse wishing I had bought the wreath and was hoping it would show up as-is.

@Marsha2003

I bought h206229 as a LTS in the beginning of the summer.  It is magnificent and huge.  Mine is fuller than the picture.  The sunflowers look real.  I think your wreath will be similar.

Honored Contributor

I like the P1 plate.  I'm not a big plate person and have solid plates.  I add interest with the decor.  I could see where either would look nice on a Christmas table.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@flickerbulb wrote:

@Susan Louise

I have a tall stack of the BHG salad plates and live in the southeast.

I will have to go look through my stash, but I am pretty sure I have at least one chickadee plate. I have a slight problem when it comes to the cute salad plates!

Will have to check out the bay to see what they are selling for now! Maybe I can cash in!

@flickerbulb  Replacements LTD is currently selling that plate on EBay for $31.99  each Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GCR18 wrote:

I like the P1 plate.  I'm not a big plate person and have solid plates.  I add interest with the decor.  I could see where either would look nice on a Christmas table.

@GCR18  I have to admit, I'm warming up to the P1 salad plates now. I guess it wasn't love at 1st sight for me...LOL

I used to just use one set for over 30 years...a plain white Johnson Bros set I bought when I was in my early 20's and moved into my apt. Believe it or not, I didn't own any other plates/sets until 2014 when threads started about tablescapes and such.  Then I got bitten by the dishes bug!