Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Pinecone Candle Holder Pedestals

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

l love them but would also like to see the bronze/natural choices & the differences in the two. 

I agree. If there ever is to be a bronze choice, it would be nice to know that now.  I may prefer it over the brown/wood-look. 

It could be that they just goofed in listing the item and that the bronze and natural are one in the same.  The goofs in listing items seem to happen a lot around here.

Look at all the confusion that could have been avoided. 

@SHOPR  I only see that three were ever offered, one is sold out, so I believe the bronze is the natural, i.e., dark wood as in a real pinecone.

@mousiegirl, That is certainly possible. I'm just remembering how in the past, QVC would temporarily add a color choice to the page as they were making future color orders, even though it would show either sold out or waitlist. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

Smiley LOL

@SHOPR  LOL, shades of the zulily candles!

Esteemed Contributor

Oh, yes, this definitely applies to Zulily descriptions!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The shorter one says it has a larger width than the taller one.  I would not have thought that to be the case.  Do you think this is another listing error?  So frustrating!

Measures approximately 12-1/2"H x 6"Diam

Measures approximately 14-1/2"H x 5-1/4"Diam

ETA: The pinecone may be a bit wider on the short one.  It's hard to see from the pics.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR  Thanks a lot, SHOPR, always stirring up trouble for we addicts, LOL!  I just bought some in the silver as they will fit into my forest kitchen table theme at Christmas as they appear snow dusted with the brown of the cones still showing underneath.

@mousiegirl, Which height did you buy?

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR  Thanks a lot, SHOPR, always stirring up trouble for we addicts, LOL!  I just bought some in the silver as they will fit into my forest kitchen table theme at Christmas as they appear snow dusted with the brown of the cones still showing underneath.

@mousiegirl, Which height did you buy?

@SHOPR  Two of each.  I have an issue with balance, so usually get two candle holders when I buy them.  My table is really long, so these mixed in with other holders, should work well.  If you hadn't posted, I wouldn't know about them. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR  Two of each.  I have an issue with balance, so usually get two candle holders when I buy them.  My table is really long, so these mixed in with other holders, should work well.  If you hadn't posted, I wouldn't know about them. Smiley Happy Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl, I remember the forest theme you created.  I can see these working well with the snowy items. 

I'm not sure now which height I prefer.  At first I thought I wanted the 12.5" ones.  Either height will work on my buffet, and I think I want a matching pair.  I have so many other pedestals made of various materials and of varying heights, so I can mix in more if I need to. 

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'll tell you my opinion @SHOPR.

In my opinion, you should have kept this to yourself.

In my opinion, the bronze choice is beautiful and tempting me.

In my opinion, these would look fabulous in my family room.

In my opinion, they are such nice big size that they really make a statement.

In my opinion if you hadn't posted this, I'd not be sitting here right now thinking 'how can I justify yet another purchase?'

In my opinion, I need a 12 step program, and a lot less time on this forum!

But on a serious note, how would you all use these? With or without some kind of canlde ring? I have trouble with candles on pedestals without some kind of ring. They look bare to me. But this pedestal is rather ornate already, and a ring might not look so good. 

@Mominohio, step away from the candle ring on this one. Let it go...let it go. Ha!

Honored Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

I'll tell you my opinion @SHOPR.

In my opinion, you should have kept this to yourself.

In my opinion, the bronze choice is beautiful and tempting me.

In my opinion, these would look fabulous in my family room.

In my opinion, they are such nice big size that they really make a statement.

In my opinion if you hadn't posted this, I'd not be sitting here right now thinking 'how can I justify yet another purchase?'

In my opinion, I need a 12 step program, and a lot less time on this forum!

But on a serious note, how would you all use these? With or without some kind of canlde ring? I have trouble with candles on pedestals without some kind of ring. They look bare to me. But this pedestal is rather ornate already, and a ring might not look so good. 

@Mominohio, step away from the candle ring on this one. Let it go...let it go. Ha!

@pupwhipped

Ha Ha! Made me laugh!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  Didn't you get the Owl pedestals, H209453?  I think they have about the same diameter and are also available in Natural which shows up as brown.  If I am right and you got them it would help with the color to know and maybe even size wise.