Honored Contributor

Re: New Pinecone Candle Holder Pedestals

@ChiliPepper wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR  I may be wrong but I would think that natural would be the color of a real pinecone.  It can only be Bronze (which apparently didn't make it in here) or natural.  Silver & gold are the only other choices and they don't appeal to me, look too fake.  Luminara candle would work on these but Mirage is a little larger in diameter. 

I won't be able to watch tomorrow either, be out of town again.  That's probably a good thing as I don't need anything.  Smiley Happy 

@lucymo

I was thinking the same thing. The natural would be brown - brown & the bronze would be brown tipped in bronze.

@ChiliPepper  I zoomed the picture and didn't see any Bronze highlights at all so I'm thinking if someone likes the color in the picture they would be safe to order the natural.  I think I'd like to see the Bronze as I love the color in most items I've seen but also like the brown.  I like way too many things.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'll tell you my opinion @SHOPR.

In my opinion, you should have kept this to yourself.

In my opinion, the bronze choice is beautiful and tempting me.

In my opinion, these would look fabulous in my family room.

In my opinion, they are such nice big size that they really make a statement.

In my opinion if you hadn't posted this, I'd not be sitting here right now thinking 'how can I justify yet another purchase?'

In my opinion, I need a 12 step program, and a lot less time on this forum!

But on a serious note, how would you all use these? With or without some kind of canlde ring? I have trouble with candles on pedestals without some kind of ring. They look bare to me. But this pedestal is rather ornate already, and a ring might not look so good. 

@Mominohio   I can't get the Bronze to show available, just sold out.  Did you see them somewhere?

I personally wouldn't use a ring on these.  I love that the shape of the pedestals will be the star.  I'm sure the Rust rings would be beautiful on them though.

Don't worry, we all need help.  You'll be fine once you have your  decorating all done.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

I'm not sure what color name is given to the brown one in the pic.  Depending on which browser I use, I sometimes see a Bronze choice that shows sold out, but when clicked on, shows the brown pic above.  When I click on Natural choice, which is available, it says image not available.  So, I don't know what Natural actually looks like.  :-(

When I click on natural, it comes up with the picture you posted above.

And I only get three choices, natural, gold and silver. That fourth choice either sold out, or I've seen Q list colors before that they never got, or will get in the future. 

When I click into either one, I don't get that fourth choice except while it is loading, showing it X'ed out then it disappears once the page has loaded.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

In my opinion if you hadn't posted this, I'd not be sitting here right now thinking 'how can I justify yet another purchase?'

But on a serious note, how would you all use these? With or without some kind of canlde ring? I have trouble with candles on pedestals without some kind of ring. They look bare to me. But this pedestal is rather ornate already, and a ring might not look so good. 

@Mominohio   I can't get the Bronze to show available, just sold out.  Did you see them somewhere?

I personally wouldn't use a ring on these.  I love that the shape of the pedestals will be the star.  I'm sure the Rust rings would be beautiful on them though.

Don't worry, we all need help.  You'll be fine once you have your  decorating all done.  Smiley Happy

@lucymo I misspoke (mis wrote!). The bronze doesn't come up, so it must be the 'natural' that is the brown color they picture. I'd think that bronze would be a two tone affair, and the one pictured doesn't look like a bronze to me. 

I like whatever the brown colored one is they do show!

I wonder if there ever was a fourth choice, or there was some mistake with the naming or entering of the color names when they set up the page. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo I misspoke (mis wrote!). The bronze doesn't come up, so it must be the 'natural' that is the brown color they picture. I'd think that bronze would be a two tone affair, and the one pictured doesn't look like a bronze to me. 

I like whatever the brown colored one is they do show!

I wonder if there ever was a fourth choice, or there was some mistake with the naming or entering of the color names when they set up the page. 

@Mominohio  I was wondering if the Bronze just got lost somewhere between here and China.  I don't know but I'd like to see it, wouldn't you?  I do like that natural color though because it looks so realistic with the pinecone.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@lucymo

Decorating all done? Please explain! That concept is completely foreign to me! LOL

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

I'm going to miss the first Fall decorating show today, so if these happen to be presented then, I'll miss it. 

What is your opinion of these?

As with almost everything else, these are the last things I need, but I can't help but consider them in the Natural wood-toned choice.  I really like the shape, especially of the shorter 12.5" holder. 

New
QVC Price:$28.00

@SHOPR  Thanks a lot, SHOPR, always stirring up trouble for we addicts, LOL!  I just bought some in the silver as they will fit into my forest kitchen table theme at Christmas as they appear snow dusted with the brown of the cones still showing underneath.

Trusted Contributor

I think the silver are really pretty, but I have so many pedestals.  Also, these pedestals are huge!  I don't know where I would feature them.  Just yesterday, I bought 2 sets of the As Is most recent VPH Pedestals, as I'm building a new motif for my new fireplace mantel for Christmas.   I feel like we're spoiled by things that shimmer and light up on timers, that simpler offerings like these tend to take the backseat. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR  Thanks a lot, SHOPR, always stirring up trouble for we addicts, LOL!  I just bought some in the silver as they will fit into my forest kitchen table theme at Christmas as they appear snow dusted with the brown of the cones still showing underneath.

@mousiegirl

I hadn't thought about using them that way!!! Great idea!!!

Oy.....................................

LOL!!!

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR; I really like these as well.  I see the Birch Luminara candles taking up residence on these pedestals.  I bet they will be on Carolyn's show this afternoon.