Respected Contributor

@lucymo, you got me hooked!!  A stunning collection all unique in their own way!  I have 3 different sets on my wishlist; after seeing yours, gotta have a set or two or...lol!

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@SHOPR  I have these trees in my wait list but couldn't find an item number.  If they return I will be notified and I will let you know.  I love the base on the Zulily trees and had them in my cart but waited too long to commit.  I can't remember the price but $39.99 or $29.99 seems like, quite a bit more than QVC but prettier, I think.

@lucymo@SHOPR  they cost $52.99 for the set of two which is around $26 a piece, a resonable price as they are large, detailed and substantial on a beautiful base.

@mousiegirl

@lucymo

Thank you both for all of the info.  Hayneedle has this set right now, and they also have various colored sets of 2 without bases, including a set of more traditional green/red/brown.  The prices are not all that bad either, plus free shipping, and I received a 10% off code by mail. 

Melrose Christmas Tree Table Finial Set
#MELR1131-1 $54.99
Melrose Christmas Tree Table Finial Set

I'm trying to resist ordering any of the various holly trees until I get my gold scroll deer from Zulily.  I could end up with several pricey items that don't look right together if I'm not careful. 

I think it might be nice to have the set of 2 tree finials above, along with one of the QVC trees in gold.  If measurements are correct, they would be 3 different heights.  The finishes could be too different, but hopefully not, since I think the glitter or lack of glitter and the bases/no bases are the only differences. 

@SHOPR  I bought two sets of the trees at the same time, and I think there is a color variation between the sets, one is a lighter gold.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I can make a really tall set with these holders.  Great in the entry  or hearth. LOL100_2990.jpg

@SHOPR@mousiegirl  I'm tired tonight and  fooling around  and putting stuff together just for fun.  I've found pieces that I had forgotten that I have like these really tall pedestals. Go through all of your storage and you'll be surprised at what you find.  I've been so busy buying new stuff that I forgot about the older thinga.

@lucymo  This happens to all of the time, lol.  The majority of what I bought of Christmas decor before this forum about four or so years ago, were Annalee, glass ornaments, and wonderful items I would find at a specialty shops, used to go crazy before and after Christmas, but both closed.  

I had no pedestals, flameless candles, mercury glass, or figural reindeer, except for a few, as most were the Annalee reindeer.  One Christmas, I set out eight 18" deer with an 18" Rudolph, and a 36" Santa, all Annalee with a sleigh made of basket rope, or whatever it is called.  I have two carolers, man and woman, 36" tall which I would put in the entry hall, that is when  entertained, don't do that any longer, and just tons of these dolls for every season.  Now, I use them throughout the year during seasons, but not nearly as many as I used to because now I have other things.

I would set up an entire Dept 56 Snow Village that would go through many rooms, and I miss this, but if I put this out, and I may one year, nothing much else would be displayed.

I am tired, as I have been working in the red room again, adding to the tree, and finishing the long table, cleaning out one deep drawer to prepare for the Christmas Fairy garden items, already getting ready for putting things away before I even display them, lol, but it will be easier then if I know now what will go where.

@mousiegirl  I used to love the Dept. 56 villages but have passed on most of that now.  Your decorations sound beautiful and I kind of miss using the decor from back a few years.  I have donated and gave away a lot of it though in the last few years. 

I finally got the set of three glass trees today.  I think maybe they tried my patience with the delayed shipping and the fact that they did indeed sit for three or four days twenty miles from me at a UPS facility so I'm not thrilled with them at all.  Mine are definately whiter than the Frost finials that I have which I would call more cream.  Not sure I'll keep them.  I'll have to think about them for awhile.

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR  Thanks, glad you like the pincone deer.  One set has a burlap texured finish and I like them too.  I always like the textured finishes as it adds interest. 

Are you talking about the pedestal ones in the gold finish?  I got them from the Q when David Shindler was a vendor. I like them too.  The ones that have the metal stand under them is from Home Interiors years ago. 

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@lucymo, you got me hooked!!  A stunning collection all unique in their own way!  I have 3 different sets on my wishlist; after seeing yours, gotta have a set or two or...lol!

@BornToShop  LOL.  We are so enabling on here, aren't we?  I didn't plan to get that many deer but it just happened. I have a problem passing on deer when I see them.  I just love their presence.  Which deer are you interested in?  There are some really nice ones out there. I would love to see the ones you like.

I'll post a picture for you of the top of our entertainment center when I get it done.  I use a lot of the deer there. They work really well on the top of cabinets, shelves and of course tables. I don't have a lot of table surfaces so I go to the tops or bring in boxes to cover and use for surface vignettes.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo

QVC Price: $48.25

$43.80

4.3 of 5 Stars(22.0 reviews)

QVC Price: $36.50

$33.14

4.4 of 5 Stars(20.0 reviews)

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@lucymo

$43.80

$33.14

@BornToShop  I don't have the Poinsettia set but I like their poses and colors.  I do have the scroll pair and love them.  I think they fit in so many settings.  Hope you can find them in 'as is' and save some money.

Trusted Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@BornToShop wrote:

@lucymo

$43.80

$33.14

@BornToShop  I don't have the Poinsettia set but I like their poses and colors.  I do have the scroll pair and love them.  I think they fit in so many settings.  Hope you can find them in 'as is' and save some money.

Hi All:  Lucy I just had to comment on your reindeer. I knew you had a crazy big collection, but that is awesome.  Makes me want to start digging mine out.  Can't wait to see what you do with them all.  Enjoy them!!!

Valued Contributor

lucymo loveyour Reindeer collecttion, that is serious.  I did get my gold pinecone trees yesterday, you enabled into, they are beautiful.  They look vintage/antique and I love everything about them.  Yours look good on those tall candle holders. I have been playing around today with mine.  Now I want 2 more!

Valued Contributor

lucymo loveyour Reindeer collecttion, that is serious.  I did get my gold pinecone trees yesterday, you enabled into, they are beautiful.  They look vintage/antique and I love everything about them.  Yours look good on those tall candle holders. I have been playing around today with mine.  Now I want 2 more!