Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  The huge deer came from one of the catalogs, can't remember which one. It was one of the good ones but  just can't think of it now.  I got him several years ago during a sale.  He is really more wood tone color.

Yes, Valerie was the first vendor I ordered from at QVC and she was there when David Shindler was.  He had a more elegant collection and Valerie had the more casual style.  He had and maybe still does a decor business in FL, I haven't checked in awhile.

Honored Contributor

The large deer is approx  24" T X 12" wide.

@mousiegirl

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I received my musical Angels today.  Some reviews mentioned the paint job on them and they are correct, it isn't real good.  But once I got them out of the fog of styrofoam that flew out when I opened the box they are cute as can be.  Not the best paint job but I can touch up in places and they'll look fine. They have beautiful faces which is important to me, who needs a scary, mad looking Angel.  LOL  Someone needed instructions on how to open a box with foam, it looked like they tore the foam away with their hands and the angels were covered with pieces of it, had to blow it off of them.  But, they arrived safely.

I'm using the gold Angels with a Nativity set that I have and I think they're well worth the 'as is' price.  I hope you have good luck with yours too when they come in. 

Respected Contributor

@lucymo those angels looked sweet. Enjoy displaying them in your home. They will watch over you. 

Honored Contributor

Re: My Reindeer

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  I received my musical Angels today.  Some reviews mentioned the paint job on them and they are correct, it isn't real good.  But once I got them out of the fog of styrofoam that flew out when I opened the box they are cute as can be.  Not the best paint job but I can touch up in places and they'll look fine. They have beautiful faces which is important to me, who needs a scary, mad looking Angel.  LOL  Someone needed instructions on how to open a box with foam, it looked like they tore the foam away with their hands and the angels were covered with pieces of it, had to blow it off of them.  But, they arrived safely.

I'm using the gold Angels with a Nativity set that I have and I think they're well worth the 'as is' price.  I hope you have good luck with yours too when they come in. 

@lucymo  Mine are still in processing, and have an EDD of the first week in December, not a good sign. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  Mine are still in processing, and have an EDD of the first week in December, not a good sign. 

@mousiegirl  I never know how to figure QVC's shipping.  I've had orders go to B/O and then I've only received one thing from that, the set of deer.

Hopefully, yours will ship soon.  I think you'll like them, they have sweet faces.  I thought we ordered on the same day, and that's possible too.  I waited and waited for my Pearl trees long after everyone else got theirs.

Honored Contributor

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo those angels looked sweet. Enjoy displaying them in your home. They will watch over you. 

@BabyYoda  They do have beautiful, sweet faces like Angels should have.  Painting isn't the best but I didn't pay full price for them so I'm fine with the purchase. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

Such a awesome collection of deer!   I love reindeer and have a few myself, but  no way as the amount you have.  I love the large gold ones way In the back....actually they look like the ones David Shindler brought to qvc years ago, are they?  It was before I was I to reindeer or I  certainly would have them as well lolCat Happy

@Kitty Galore  If you're referring to the deer that are pedestals too, they are from  David Shindler's collection at QVC.  I wish he still came because I have ornaments from him that are used each year and are still in like new condition. 

I also have garlands and wreaths from him that I still use most years.  He had very tasteful style.

@lucymo. Yes they are the reindeer I was asking about,  truly elegant!  I gave to agree about DS ,  he brought elegant decor.  I too have those ornaments and use them each year since , they do look brand new still like you said!   Also the ornament wreaths remember those.  They came on gold glitter stands?  I really like the ore elegant christmas decor and miss it .  Thanks for sharing your lovely collection!

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

Such a awesome collection of deer!   I love reindeer and have a few myself, but  no way as the amount you have.  I love the large gold ones way In the back....actually they look like the ones David Shindler brought to qvc years ago, are they?  It was before I was I to reindeer or I  certainly would have them as well lolCat Happy

@Kitty Galore  If you're referring to the deer that are pedestals too, they are from  David Shindler's collection at QVC.  I wish he still came because I have ornaments from him that are used each year and are still in like new condition. 

I also have garlands and wreaths from him that I still use most years.  He had very tasteful style.

@lucymo. Yes they are the reindeer I was asking about,  truly elegant!  I gave to agree about DS ,  he brought elegant decor.  I too have those ornaments and use them each year since , they do look brand new still like you said!   Also the ornament wreaths remember those.  They came on gold glitter stands?  I really like the ore elegant christmas decor and miss it .  Thanks for sharing your lovely collection!

@Kitty Galore  I do have the ornament wreaths with stands, a pair of the small and a large in burgandy/gold.  I also had the multi but donated those because I quit using the colors.  Mine are still in new like condition.  I rarely use the stand and use the 10" wreaths as candle rings flat on the table surface.  What colors do you have now?

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore  Did you get any of the very large glass ornaments that David Shindler sold on QVC?  I found mine today while going through boxes of decor that hasn't  been used in awhile.  I'll do a picture tomorrow if I have time.