Honored Contributor

Zulily has some old fashioned cars and trucks today under Charming Gardens and Flea Market finds such as this.  @Mominohio

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

Oh no!! I went and looked! So many cute things! I'm off to peruse some things that make me think spring!

Thanks for the heads up!

Frequent Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

Zulily has some old fashioned cars and trucks today under Charming Gardens and Flea Market finds such as this.  @Mominohio

That's so cute!

i never think to check Zulilly.

Great ideas!

Honored Contributor

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question.  How would you fit this car in with the decor?

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Sorry if this sounds like a dumb question.  How would you fit this car in with the decor?

@GCR18

Never a dumb question! 

I bought some Better Homes and Gardens (at Walmart) Heritage salad plates this year, that have a similar 'woody' car on them. A car/truck similar to these could be used to build a centerpiece (I've seen them similar to this with a Christmas Tree on top) for the dining table. These kinds of cars are popular in decor right now, as well as vintage pick up trucks. Some of the pick ups I've seen in garden displays as well. 

c46545494be47604a816916e33fb07f7.jpg (500×600)

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio I could see a car going with the plates.  I'll have to keep my eyes open.  I haven't seen cars.  Who knows though, maybe I did and wasn't paying attention.  Thanks

Respected Contributor

I don't know if I am allowed to post links to sites that do not sell anything.  These links are for a decorating/DIY blog.  The woman loves olds trucks and ties them in to a lot of things during the holidays.

Anyhow, I'm going to post them and see what happens.  Like I said, she does not sell a thing:

http://betweennapsontheporch.net/a-christmas-table-a-green-woody-wagon-bringing-home-the-tree/

http://betweennapsontheporch.net/red-christmas-truck-and-station-wagon-with-lit-tree-and-wreath-for-...

I hope you enjoy her blog.

Honored Contributor

Not really a car but...

Target had these before Christmas. I thought they were cute but didn't really have a use for them.

I believe they were $ 20.00 each at the time, on clearance now for $ 6.00 each.

51187386.jpg

51187478.jpg

Respected Contributor

This forum has the nicest posters! Enablers, but nice, lol. I love all the creativity. I think those trucks could be used in both fall and winter motifs. Throw some fall leaves and pumpkins  into the truck beds and surround with birch bark candles. Transition it all to Christmas with evergreens and woodland animals.