Valued Contributor

Re: KRINGLE GIFT BAGS

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I purchased these for my 90 year old mom who still gifts her senior citizen friends, and church friends.  She LOVES them.  By the way, the gift tags are meant to go inside the bag, with the gift -- the little description sheet in the package explains this.  That may work for some, but my mom writes the person's name right on the ribbon itself (with a gold, red or green marker) since it's just wide enough, and that won't get lost.

Just wondered why the tags have a hole in them and why they never say to put the tag inside.  They always hold the tag up to the gift. 

Honored Contributor

@CHATTY wrote:

I purchased these for my 90 year old mom who still gifts her senior citizen friends, and church friends.  She LOVES them.  By the way, the gift tags are meant to go inside the bag, with the gift -- the little description sheet in the package explains this.  That may work for some, but my mom writes the person's name right on the ribbon itself (with a gold, red or green marker) since it's just wide enough, and that won't get lost.

Just wondered why the tags have a hole in them and why they never say to put the tag inside.  They always hold the tag up to the gift. 

Makes no sense to put the to/from tag inside the bag. People need to see on the outside who it is for, at least.

My guess is that Q or the manufacturer figured out it was not so easy to use them (tags) on the outside and had to come up with some use for them as they were a big part of that large piece count. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: KRINGLE GIFT BAGS

[ Edited ]

@Fressa wrote:

I love these bags. I order two sets every year. What a time saver in wrapping all the presents / gift cards. I use the gift tags. Here's how I attach them to the bag. I fold the end of the ribbon in half and push it thru the hold in the tag.I'll tie my bow after I attach the tag or tie ehe bow and just tie a knot around the tag. It all depnds on how much ribbon I have depending on the size of the bag and what I have wrapped. On the really small bags I'll cut the tag in half (in the crease) and just use a piece of the Scotch wrapping tape to stick it on the bag. It works for me and takes no time at all. The ribbon is a decent quality.It's easy.

----------------------------

That is what I do too!!  Before tying the bow, just put the bag ribbon though the hole on the tag!!  I have often just used some colored yarn and attached the tag to the bag by the bow!!   I was one who wrapped and wrapped, then I found these bags!!  Now Christams wrapping is easy!!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@CHATTY wrote:

Makes no sense to put the to/from tag inside the bag. People need to see on the outside who it is for, at least.

My guess is that Q or the manufacturer figured out it was not so easy to use them (tags) on the outside and had to come up with some use for them as they were a big part of that large piece count. 

@BLH , @Mominohio I agree with you.  The ribbons/tags do not work well together, so the piece of instructional paper inside was most likely an afterthought by the manufacturer.  Let's see if they come out with a brand new assortment in a week or two that corrects that.