Honored Contributor

Just started decorating for Christmas...

[ Edited ]

I just completed one 'new' vignette. I'm still thinking most of the rest of the house will be decorated near close to the way I had it last year. This year I wanted a special area for my aunt's vintage ceramic Christmas tree she made for me in the mid 1980's. I haven't decorated with it for about 4-5 years, so it was time. I think I will use this set up every year now...very pleased with it and how it turned out.

I used Valerie's mosaic 'multi' hurricanes and angels, the votives from Amazon and spiral tealight holders from EBay.

I am very pleased with the votives from Amazon...especially love the remote feature and even though I turn the votives on and off at the same time, the votives flicker individually which makes  them look realistic. In the pic below, I took it during daylight hours. The tree is on but the votives and hurricanes are not. 

When I get the new sets of mini lights for the mosaic hurricanes, I will post another pic with everything lit at once. Thanks to @mousiegirl, I took her lead and got larger sets. I didn't think the microlights that came with the hurricanes gave off enough light and I didn't like the 4 hour on timer feature. I found larger sets that had remotes too...crossing fingers they will work well Smiley Happy

P3860321.JPG

Contributor

Re: Just started decorating for Christmas...

Love this!!!

Honored Contributor

That is very pretty. I love it!
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

That is really pretty!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

Festive!

Respected Contributor

What a nice display! Those votive holders are really neat, never seen anything like that before.
Honored Contributor

I changed my dining room table this morning to Christmas decor with the help of my DH.  I'll only be able to do a little each day due to my right arm, fractured humerus bone 3 weeks ago.  (Doctor told me healing will take at least 3 months so I hope to be ready for Easter decorating.)    Typically, I decorate every room for Christmas but this year I won't be able to do that so will focus on living and dining rooms and kitchen.  I won't be able to make my own wreath this year either but have several in storage to choose from.  As long as DH helps I'll be able to do a minimum of decorating.     

PS:  Typing this with left hand.  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Trusted Contributor

@Susan Louise..Nice job and beautiful tree from your Aunt.  I haven't dug my ceramic tree out yet.  I made mine in th 70's. 

JPC

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I just completed one 'new' vignette. I'm still thinking most of the rest of the house will be decorated near close to the way I had it last year. This year I wanted a special area for my aunt's vintage ceramic Christmas tree she made for me in the mid 1980's. I haven't decorated with it for about 4-5 years, so it was time. I think I will use this set up every year now...very pleased with it and how it turned out.

I used Valerie's mosaic 'multi' hurricanes and angels, the votives from Amazon and spiral tealight holders from EBay.

I am very pleased with the votives from Amazon...especially love the remote feature and even though I turn the votives on and off at the same time, the votives flicker individually which makes  them look realistic. In the pic below, I took it during daylight hours. The tree is on but the votives and hurricanes are not. 

When I get the new sets of mini lights for the mosaic hurricanes, I will post another pic with everything lit at once. Thanks to @mousiegirl, I took her lead and got larger sets. I didn't think the microlights that came with the hurricanes gave off enough light and I didn't like the 4 hour on timer feature. I found larger sets that had remotes too...crossing fingers they will work well Smiley Happy

P3860321.JPG

@Susan Louise  Looks wonderful.  I love the votive holders and the way that you used them.  I should dig out my crocheted  doilies, they always look great on your tables.  Have fun with the decorating.

Honored Contributor

@AnikaBrodie wrote:

I changed my dining room table this morning to Christmas decor with the help of my DH.  I'll only be able to do a little each day due to my right arm, fractured humerus bone 3 weeks ago.  (Doctor told me healing will take at least 3 months so I hope to be ready for Easter decorating.)    Typically, I decorate every room for Christmas but this year I won't be able to do that so will focus on living and dining rooms and kitchen.  I won't be able to make my own wreath this year either but have several in storage to choose from.  As long as DH helps I'll be able to do a minimum of decorating.     

PS:  Typing this with left hand.  Smiley Happy

@AnikaBrodie  Oh, what a bummer.  Hope you heal quicker than they think.  DH is a dear to help out with the decorating though.  Well, at least you'll be back in shape for the 'Bunny Brigade'  which is always fun too.  Blessings to you.