Esteemed Contributor

I really enjoy Jill's Christmas shows when it's ornaments and chatzkies; however, the last show didn't do much for me, so probably won't watch tonight. I enjoy Jill usually, though.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

15 minutes of Jill's schrill voice beaming from the TV is about all I can handle.   She sounds like an autioner as she dashes from fireplace to table to couch and back to fireplace.  What's with this show?

Esteemed Contributor

LOL ! NSmiley LOL  have to agree !

Esteemed Contributor

@PeterDM wrote:

I'm sure it will be the same as every other gift show we've seen in the last 10 days, except they will be Jill Bauer gifts chosen by Jill Bauer in that Jill Bauer style with Jill Bauer quality for that Jill Bauer person in your Jill Bauer life.

OMG !  You are soooooo right !

Esteemed Contributor

I don't plan to watch, my decorating is done,  so don't need a thing.  I watched the decorating shows because I wanted the decor items. , but to just watch Jill  for regular items, no thanks.  

Valued Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@BabyYoda  Haha, Santa won't come to your house this year either.  :-) 

How's the decorating coming along?  I work an hour, take a two hour nap, so slow go.  LOL  I'm about finished with it and ready to start the cookies and candy.

Hi @lucymo I was in a mood earlier when I wrote my post about Jill so you are right Santa won't be coming to my house....lol.

I went out Christmas shopping starting at 8:00 am this morning and also went food shopping at Trader Joe's and it was a madhouse. I did all my errands, got most of my gift shopping done and even decorated for 3 hours today inside. I try to do a little each day. I picked up more batteries at the wholesale club and filled up one of my silver sleighs with ornaments and microlights. Looks great. I love all the colors illuminating when I decorate. I have more sleighs I need to bring up. We did some decorating outside but will finish that tomorrow. 

I baked Christmas cookies already and they are in the freezer. Hubby keeps sneaking them and nuking them in the microwave and eating them, so I made more. I put extra aside for him to eat...lol I used to make candy but don't do that anymore, I buy it now. What kind of candy do you make? Chocolate? Or ribbon candy? 

@BabyYoda  I make chocolate fudge, peanut clusters, divinity, peanut butter fudge,  Martha Washington and depending on how much time I have, maybe some dipped pretzels and the like.  Everything is better dipped in chocolate. :-)   I give a lot of candy and cookies to special people that I know will enjoy it.  I can't make too far in advance or we will eat it, like your husband does.

@lucymo~ your candy sounds divine. Do you have family recipes you use, or do you find your candy recipes online? I never heard of Martha Washingtons, so I looked online-there are a dozen different recipes for it. The only one that you make that I have made is peanut clusters. Do you mind sharing where you found your fudge recipes? Dvinity sounds intriguing, too.

Respected Contributor

I actually like Jiill usually. But, her holiday shows, hmmm, I do not know. How can one woman help design, create  and sell? And, why would you want to? Seriously, think about the time it would take.  On top of constantly organizing her house, redoing her beach house , attending her son's baseball games, baking, baking, and more baking.  She must were that Wonder Woman outfit underneath her clothes! Better her than me...

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

Re: Jill's Show tonight?

[ Edited ]

@rosehill  Hi Rose,  I've gotten lazy in the past few years so I've found easier ways to make some of my candy.  I make Fantasy fudge, the recipe is on most Marshmallow creme jars.  I do cook mine about 1-2 minutes longer than the recipe says because I want it drier like the old fashioned kind we cooked with the candy thermometer.  You can tell when it's really getting ready to pour into the buttered pan by the way it stirs.

Divinity is called Never Fail Divinity.  Recipe follows.  I tell you it is good and so easy.  I am a stroke survivor and have weakness in one arm and hand so when it says beat until it loses it's gloss, I use a hand electric mixer.  Just watch it and don't let it get too stiff to drop or you'll have a bowl shape glob of divinity.  LOL

2 cups sugar

1 /2 C water

Pinch salt

1 pint Marshmallow Creme

1 /2 cup nuts (more if you like)

Combine water, sugar and salt.  Bring to a rolling boil and boil two minutes.  Place marshmallow creme in large bowl and pour hot syrup all at once into it.  Stir until it loses it's gloss.  Then add nuts.  Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.

Rose, just be sure the water, sugar and salt is at a rolling boil before you start counting down the two minutes.  I also add a bit of vanilla just because I like it. I also break up the nuts. HTH  Hope you enjoy.  It's easy and good.

Valued Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@rosehill  Hi Rose,  I've gotten lazy in the past few years so I've found easier ways to make some of my candy.  I make Fantasy fudge, the recipe is on most Marshmallow creme jars.  I do cook mine about 1-2 minutes longer than the recipe says because I want it drier like the old fashioned kind we cooked with the candy thermometer.  You can tell when it's really getting ready to pour into the buttered pan by the way it stirs.

Divinity is called Never Fail Divinity.  Recipe follows.  I tell you it is good and so easy.  I am a stroke survivor and have weakness in one arm and hand so when it says beat until it loses it's gloss, I use a hand electric mixer.  Just watch it and don't let it get too stiff to drop or you'll have a bowl shape glob of divinity.  LOL

2 cups sugar

1 /2 C water

Pinch salt

1 pint Marshmallow Creme

Combine water, sugar and salt.  Bring to a rolling boil and boil two minutes.  Place marshmallow creme in large bowl and pour hot syrup all at once into it.  Stir until it loses it's gloss.  Then add nuts.  Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper.

Rose, just be sure the water, sugar and salt is at a rolling boil before you start counting down the two minutes.  I also add a bit of vanilla just because I like it. I also break up the nuts. HTH  Hope you enjoy.  It's easy and good.

@lucymo~ you are so nice to take the time to post your recipe for divinity, and to share which fudge recipe you love. I plan to make buckeyes, dark chocolate peanut clusters, and to make your fudge and divinity. Perhaps we can talk further about how you package everything to keep it until you give it to your recipients. I use clear bags that I tie with ribbon at the top for the peanut clusters., when I give them as a gift. You are a sweetheart, to be sure.

Honored Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

2 cups sugar

1 /2 C water

Pinch salt

1 pint Marshmallow Creme

@lucymo~ you are so nice to take the time to post your recipe for divinity, and to share which fudge recipe you love. I plan to make buckeyes, dark chocolate peanut clusters, and to make your fudge and divinity. Perhaps we can talk further about how you package everything to keep it until you give it to your recipients. I use clear bags that I tie with ribbon at the top for the peanut clusters., when I give them as a gift. You are a sweetheart, to be sure.

@rosehill  I also do some of the clear bags with ribbon ties.  Sometimes if I'm giving a large amount of candy I'll use plastic containers and tie ribbon around them and they get to keep the container.  If we lived closer together we'd have a great time making candy, I'm sure.  Hope you enjoy your candy making.