Trusted Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer's Friday night show.

I agree that they need to give Alberti some decorating shows going forward. After looking at his own blogs he does on entertaining and decorating, he has demonstrated an impeccable flair for decorating!

He is a jewel that needs to shine with decorating. Move him from the sidekick on the beauty shows to a place where he can showcase his talents!

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

I agree that they need to give Alberti some decorating shows going forward. After looking at his own blogs he does on entertaining and decorating, he has demonstrated an impeccable flair for decorating!

He is a jewel that needs to shine with decorating. Move him from the sidekick on the beauty shows to a place where he can showcase his talents!

Well said, @flickerbulb.  Hopefully, TPTB will let Alberti do some of the shows next year.  If so, I'll sure be watching.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

IMG_3982.JPG

Looks like rustic decor in this show.  If that's your style you may be in luck.  Friday, 10 pm Eastern.

@lucymo.  Geez Lucy.  You are trying to kill me.  Rustic is right up my alley but I swore to myself that I was done buying decor for the season.  You know I won't be able to stay awy from this show tho...LOL

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

IMG_3982.JPG

Looks like rustic decor in this show.  If that's your style you may be in luck.  Friday, 10 pm Eastern.

@lucymo.  Geez Lucy.  You are trying to kill me.  Rustic is right up my alley but I swore to myself that I was done buying decor for the season.  You know I won't be able to stay awy from this show tho...LOL

@MTH  Hey, you know I'm always looking out for you.  LOL   I don't do rustic but thought a lot of people might be interested, and of course, you are.  I have no orders coming in for the first time in a long time.  I'm being good.  :-)

@lucymo.  Well I can't say I'm that good. I ordered a few throws in the past week so I should be getting those soon.  One from Ellen and the other was the Dennis Basso TSV.  Never had one of his before, but for the past 2 years I now have a throw blanket obsession. LOL  so I had to include one of his.  Who knows...if I really love it, it may become a tradition.

@MTH  Oh, no, not another tradition.  :-)  I have so many traditions there's very little room in the house for DH and me.  From (in addition) Reindeer to throws, makes sense, both go with the same season.  See how we all know how to justify our buying habits.  I hope you enjoy the throws.  Most of DB items are good, I think.  Post back and give us your thoughts on those throws.

I'm busy packing away the pumpkins and fall items, no Thanksgiving at my house this year, moved it elsewhere.  So, I'm working on Christmas too.  It would be so simple if I didn't have so much decor to choose from.

@lucymo One more week for me before the Christmas stuff comes out.  Although my "spare bedroom" is sort of overrun with JS boxes and all the new reindeer from this year.  Will be fun to see all the things I forgot that I have...LOL.  Enjoy your decorating.  Maybe we can get everyone to post pics

@MTH  You may be shocked, as I have been, forgetting what I had, LOL.

@MTH

@mousiegirl  I've found some things packed away that I am asking myself  'What was I thinking'.  Those are being donated, just doesn't go with my style anymore.  I'm cleaning out the stash so I have more storage for the stuff that I want to keep and use.  @MTH, do let us know if you find a lot of surprises.  lol   Don't forget, this Christmas starts over again in July, 2016.  :-)  But before that comes the 'Bunny Brigade'.

@lucymo  Here's a laugh, lucy, I received an item from zulily, saw the box in the large box with other items, and havn't seen it since, lol, didn't even get a chance to open it before I lost it.  I know it will turn up at some point, I just hope it does in time to use it in my decor, lol.

@lucymo  I found it!  I called zulily, great customer service by the way, and asked for the measurements so I would know what size box to look for, and I found it soon after. I had remembered it as a small box, but it was a larger box than I remembered, it figures, can't trust my old memory, lol.  As I tell DD, I just have so much to remember, and there are so many distractions, which is true, but the cells just aren't what they used to be, though I tell her pretty good all things considered. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

IMG_3982.JPG

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

IMG_3982.JPG

@MTH  Hey, you know I'm always looking out for you.  LOL   I don't do rustic but thought a lot of people might be interested, and of course, you are.  I have no orders coming in for the first time in a long time.  I'm being good.  :-)

@lucymo.  Well I can't say I'm that good. I ordered a few throws in the past week so I should be getting those soon.  One from Ellen and the other was the Dennis Basso TSV.  Never had one of his before, but for the past 2 years I now have a throw blanket obsession. LOL  so I had to include one of his.  Who knows...if I really love it, it may become a tradition.

@MTH  Oh, no, not another tradition.  :-)  I have so many traditions there's very little room in the house for DH and me.  From (in addition) Reindeer to throws, makes sense, both go with the same season.  See how we all know how to justify our buying habits.  I hope you enjoy the throws.  Most of DB items are good, I think.  Post back and give us your thoughts on those throws.

I'm busy packing away the pumpkins and fall items, no Thanksgiving at my house this year, moved it elsewhere.  So, I'm working on Christmas too.  It would be so simple if I didn't have so much decor to choose from.

@lucymo One more week for me before the Christmas stuff comes out.  Although my "spare bedroom" is sort of overrun with JS boxes and all the new reindeer from this year.  Will be fun to see all the things I forgot that I have...LOL.  Enjoy your decorating.  Maybe we can get everyone to post pics

@MTH

@mousiegirl  I've found some things packed away that I am asking myself  'What was I thinking'.  Those are being donated, just doesn't go with my style anymore.  I'm cleaning out the stash so I have more storage for the stuff that I want to keep and use.  @MTH, do let us know if you find a lot of surprises.  lol   Don't forget, this Christmas starts over again in July, 2016.  :-)  But before that comes the 'Bunny Brigade'.

@lucymo  Here's a laugh, lucy, I received an item from zulily, saw the box in the large box with other items, and havn't seen it since, lol, didn't even get a chance to open it before I lost it.  I know it will turn up at some point, I just hope it does in time to use it in my decor, lol.

@lucymo  I found it!  I called zulily, great customer service by the way, and asked for the measurements so I would know what size box to look for, and I found it soon after. I had remembered it as a small box, but it was a larger box than I remembered, it figures, can't trust my old memory, lol.  As I tell DD, I just have so much to remember, and there are so many distractions, which is true, but the cells just aren't what they used to be, though I tell her pretty good all things considered. Smiley Happy

@mousiegirl I'm glad you found it.  Things like that will bug me until I solve the mystery.  I probably wouldn't have thought to call Zulily to ask about the size of the box.  My 'cells' must be worse than yours.  lol

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

IMG_3982.JPG

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

IMG_3982.JPG

@MTH

@mousiegirl I'm glad you found it.  Things like that will bug me until I solve the mystery.  I probably wouldn't have thought to call Zulily to ask about the size of the box.  My 'cells' must be worse than yours.  lol

@lucymo  By the way, lucy, I bought one product at zulily that is wonderful for every day use.  I make my own salad dressings, and I used to put it in a jar.  This product, "dressing shaker" by Prepworks has a pour spout and a whisk attached inside so that after the dressing congeals in the frig, just shaking it breaks it up a lot sooner than having to put a jar on the counter and wait for the oil to melt.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

IMG_3982.JPG

@MTH wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

IMG_3982.JPG

@MTH

@lucymo  By the way, lucy, I bought one product at zulily that is wonderful for every day use.  I make my own salad dressings, and I used to put it in a jar.  This product, "dressing shaker" by Prepworks has a pour spout and a whisk attached inside so that after the dressing congeals in the frig, just shaking it breaks it up a lot sooner than having to put a jar on the counter and wait for the oil to melt.

Sounds nice.  I used to make my own salad dressings but usually just get the packaged kind now.  Zulily is a very interesting site because you never know what you'll find there.

Valued Contributor

Guys and Gals~ How is everyone getting along with their holiday decorating? Mine is going slowwwwwwwww. 

Honored Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

Guys and Gals~ How is everyone getting along with their holiday decorating? Mine is going slowwwwwwwww. 

@rosehill  Hi Rose, I'm with you, just can't seem to get going.  I really think I have so much stuff that it's hard to choose what I want to use and what stays or goes into storage.  When I just had what I could always find a place for it was easier.  I really like candles and greens but have so many 'objects' that I want to use too I have to hunt for places to use them.  I have about one more week to complete the decorating so I'll be hustling big time at the last minute. Hope your decorating falls into place soon.

Valued Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

@rosehill  Hi Rose, I'm with you, just can't seem to get going.  I really think I have so much stuff that it's hard to choose what I want to use and what stays or goes into storage.  When I just had what I could always find a place for it was easier.  I really like candles and greens but have so many 'objects' that I want to use too I have to hunt for places to use them.  I have about one more week to complete the decorating so I'll be hustling big time at the last minute. Hope your decorating falls into place soon.

@lucymo, oh, I thought it was only me! It is just that it is so physically taxing. Dragging up large filled bins from the basement. I brought some up filled, as they are. But some are just so heavy, so I started to unpack them downstairs and bring a few items up at a time. That really slows things down. I find myself jumping from one room to the next. At this point, I am thinking about not even putting up one of my trees. I hope I can get alot done on tuesday, as I have my grand children on wed and thurs. (Yes, thursday- their mom works in a hospital, and in order to get Christmas off, she works Thanksgiving. We are having Thanksgiving here on Friday.)

Hope you can get going and really get something done, Lucy.

Honored Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

@lucymo, oh, I thought it was only me! It is just that it is so physically taxing. Dragging up large filled bins from the basement. I brought some up filled, as they are. But some are just so heavy, so I started to unpack them downstairs and bring a few items up at a time. That really slows things down. I find myself jumping from one room to the next. At this point, I am thinking about not even putting up one of my trees. I hope I can get alot done on tuesday, as I have my grand children on wed and thurs. (Yes, thursday- their mom works in a hospital, and in order to get Christmas off, she works Thanksgiving. We are having Thanksgiving here on Friday.)

Hope you can get going and really get something done, Lucy.

@rosehill   I have decided to do the same thing as you, cutting back on the number of trees I put up.  I found some lit branches at Walmart for $9.96 and put them in large vases and they will go in bedrooms and around instead of trees.  I can spend days on a tree but about out of time so doing shortcuts now and I doubt that anyone will even notice. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.