Honored Contributor

Re: Jill Bauer's Friday night show.

@SHOPR wrote:

I'm not seeing anything that I want from this show or rustic collection yet.  I like a bit of rustic so it's not really that.  I just don't like what I'm seeing so far, which is good, because I need to behave and not order any more.  ;-)

I will try to stay awake and watch since it is probably the last all-decor show we'll get from QVC this year. 

@SHOPR  Some of the new 'rustic' pieces are in  new arrivals today.  I sure hope they look better in the show than in pictures because I have to say they don't appeal to me in the least.  Apparently there's rustic and then there's couture rustic. Really?  I'll probably try to watch too but sometimes I fall asleep and miss most of the show.  I need 6:00 pm shows.  :-)  Enjoy, SHOPR.  I have no orders coming, I'm being good.  I've dragged out so many plastic totes that we need a fork lift to push our way through the house.  It's time to stop.  :-)

Valued Contributor

@country gal wrote:

@Nomore wrote:

I spy little white owls, I may be interested in those.

The birch candle  ,H206321 , looks similar to the sets found in Costco. I wonder if they're the same manufacturer.

Kohl's has a set of 3 that look similar, on sale & with a remote, but they are smaller sizes than this one. They also have 2 Luminara candles in this style. prettier IMO, but not on sale and they're pricey. Search flameless candles on their site to view. HTH

Thanks, @country gal !

I'll look online first, before I venture into the store (always crowded all year).

Since I know I have the mini owls already, I wanted smaller birch candles. I think the ones at Costco were ugly but very good price right now.  I saw the birch luminara at PB, but I didn't like the flat top on the short ones and they are pricey, too.

Valued Contributor

I will watch the show, even though, right now, I don't see anything a must-have in the frontpage link to Jill's page. Rustic couture? Okay, maybe mixing in some of the white things, but those dark figures with fur can't be described! I hope they look good on the show! 

Rustic is kinda close to what my mantle will look like, but just candles and greens. It's more a simplistic approach. On the hearth will be Lisa's two snowmen and Valerie's twig tree. Never did reorder the tall cream Churchill lantern since it came broken. My tree collection is all being placed around the dining table and room. 

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  What do you have your eye on in Jill's couture 'rustic show ?  Nothing for me.  I can't believe that sleigh with the fur but I guess some people may love it.  It's a good thing we don't all like the same thing or it would become boring.  I do wonder if Dennis Vasso had a hand in designing that sleigh though. 

Honored Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

I will watch the show, even though, right now, I don't see anything a must-have in the frontpage link to Jill's page. Rustic couture? Okay, maybe mixing in some of the white things, but those dark figures with fur can't be described! I hope they look good on the show! 

Rustic is kinda close to what my mantle will look like, but just candles and greens. It's more a simplistic approach. On the hearth will be Lisa's two snowmen and Valerie's twig tree. Never did reorder the tall cream Churchill lantern since it came broken. My tree collection is all being placed around the dining table and room. 

@Nomore  Does this mean that you aren't getting that fur trimmed sleigh?  LOL  I do understand rustic but this doesn't look like what I call rustic.  Hopefully, some will love all this new 'stuff' but I'll watch just to see if it looks like it does in pictures and how many buy it.  Enjoy the show.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  What do you have your eye on in Jill's couture 'rustic show ?  Nothing for me.  I can't believe that sleigh with the fur but I guess some people may love it.  It's a good thing we don't all like the same thing or it would become boring.  I do wonder if Dennis Vasso had a hand in designing that sleigh though. 

@lucymo  I didn't notice the fur lucy, so it's not for me.  I will watch her show if I remember, but I just don't understand the black in the faces of items, ick!

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  I didn't notice the fur lucy, so it's not for me.  I will watch her show if I remember, but I just don't understand the black in the faces of items, ick!

@lucymo  I just took a look at the sleigh, and I repeat, it is not for me.  The couture must be due to the fur.  It had better not be real fur.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I'm not seeing anything that I want from this show or rustic collection yet.  I like a bit of rustic so it's not really that.  I just don't like what I'm seeing so far, which is good, because I need to behave and not order any more.  ;-)

I will try to stay awake and watch since it is probably the last all-decor show we'll get from QVC this year. 

@SHOPR  Some of the new 'rustic' pieces are in  new arrivals today.  I sure hope they look better in the show than in pictures because I have to say they don't appeal to me in the least.  Apparently there's rustic and then there's couture rustic. Really?  I'll probably try to watch too but sometimes I fall asleep and miss most of the show.  I need 6:00 pm shows.  :-)  Enjoy, SHOPR.  I have no orders coming, I'm being good.  I've dragged out so many plastic totes that we need a fork lift to push our way through the house.  It's time to stop.  :-)

LOL I don't know what that even means.  I just know that I buy what appeals to me no matter the name it is given.  I've had out the Fall plastic totes today, getting ready to, hopefully, better consolidate and organize those items when I pack them away.  I made the mistake years ago of buying huge trunk sized totes and they barely fit into our attic stair opening.  I've had to buy smaller totes and repack things as I go with each season, and I'm getting rid of some things, too. 

I'm still interested in the Vintage Pine garland, which I think will be in tonight's show.  I keep hoping to see it in as-is. 

Enjoy the show, if you can stay awake.  :-)

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

LOL I don't know what that even means.  I just know that I buy what appeals to me no matter the name it is given.  I've had out the Fall plastic totes today, getting ready to, hopefully, better consolidate and organize those items when I pack them away.  I made the mistake years ago of buying huge trunk sized totes and they barely fit into our attic stair opening.  I've had to buy smaller totes and repack things as I go with each season, and I'm getting rid of some things, too. 

I'm still interested in the Vintage Pine garland, which I think will be in tonight's show.  I keep hoping to see it in as-is. 

Enjoy the show, if you can stay awake.  :-)

@SHOPR  I'm hoping Jill won't spend the whole show on that furred stuff.  Some may love it but I'm not interested in it at all.  I kept watching for that garland in 'as is' too but looks like it isn't going to happen.  It must be nice and few if any returns.  It's getting too late for me to order now since we have a social here in early December.  I'll page you if I see the garland in 'as is'.  I won't be ordering it now. 

Esteemed Contributor

hi Lucy, have to agree, not my taste at all!  Don't understand all the fur ,  the sleigh and deer with leather amd fur???  Don't get it.  Unless it looks different when presented , hopefully I will stay awake long enough to watch the whole show or once started may not want to even .

i certainly don't need another thing,  I'm all decorated already  , no room for another thing!  Just enjoy watching decor shows for ideas if nothing else.