Valued Contributor

If you enjoy easter peeps, how do you like yours?

I was reminded in an Easter thread by@mousiegirl ,  about Easter peeps.Just for fun, how do you like your peeps, straight up, stale, just to decorate desserts, or simply buy a pack for nostalgic  happy childhood memories?

Me, i like them stale and use them around  my Easter cakes!How about you? Maryanne

Respected Contributor

Re: If you enjoy easter peeps, how do you like yours?

I like my Peeps a little stale......I want the sugar and top layer a little hard!!

Honored Contributor

@Keeper of the koi wrote:

I was reminded in an Easter thread by@mousiegirl ,  about Easter peeps.Just for fun, how do you like your peeps, straight up, stale, just to decorate desserts, or simply buy a pack for nostalgic  happy childhood memories?

Me, i like them stale and use them around  my Easter cakes!How about you? Maryanne

Microwaved.

Respected Contributor

I love them by the dozen.  These are my favorite guilty pleasure.

Deb

Honored Contributor

I have never eaten one but they don't look too tasty with all of that color added.

Honored Contributor

I like them frozen or in hot chocolate. If you freeze them, they don't freeze solid like an ice cube, it just makes them firmer and chewier.

I also like them in hot chocolate.

Trusted Contributor

We used to have the rabbits pleaced around the outside of the Easter cake when I was a child. It was cute.

When it gets closer to the actual holiday check out the winners of the Washington Post's annual Peep Contest.  Entries from all over Washington, Virginia, Maryland and West Virginia.  Others from further away were trying to enter but the Post was overwhelmed with the number of entries.

People and teams are making scenes from operas, television programs, movies, modern day events, past historical events all out of Peeps - bunnies and ducks.  The backgrounds and Peep costumes are very elaborate.  Limitations on the materials the background and Peep consumtes can be constructed with.  Check it out in April - guaranteed you will be taken in by the inventiveness and hard work people put into their entries. 

Esteemed Contributor

I used to love them - until I read the ingredients. Now, not so much.

Honored Contributor

do peeps have a flavor or are they just colored marshmallows.

Honored Contributor

Everyone likes them.  I wish I did.  I think it's the texture.  We didn't get them as kids.  We were swamped with jelly beans and hard boiled eggs.