Honored Contributor

If anyone finds some really nice faux poinsettias

before the holiday season, please share with us here.

@DiAnne mentioned in another post that she had some poinsettias and it made me remember that I have two red and two white ones that I've had for many years, that I alternate on the stairs, with lanterns that have flameless candles inside.

I'd like to have a few more, but I've never seen any as nice as the ones I have. I know many people liked the ones Lisa R had on her shows a couple of years ago, but they don't hold a candle to the ones I have.

So if anyone finds some really high end, lush and full faux poinsettias, please post here and share with us!

Trusted Contributor

Re: If anyone finds some really nice faux poinsettias

They sell nice ones in a variety of colors every year at "At Home."  

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

They sell nice ones in a variety of colors every year at "At Home."  

@RazorSharp

Never heard of At Home, but went to their website. Thanks for another place to look at home decor.

I'll check them closer to the holidays to see what they have!

Trusted Contributor

Hobby Lobby ususally has some nice ones.  They come in a range of prices too.  The cheapest ones aren't the best quality of course, but some of their other ones are ususally very nice quality and still a decent price.  Plus they usually have really good sales on holiday items at various intervals before the actual holiday. 

Honored Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

Hobby Lobby ususally has some nice ones.  They come in a range of prices too.  The cheapest ones aren't the best quality of course, but some of their other ones are ususally very nice quality and still a decent price.  Plus they usually have really good sales on holiday items at various intervals before the actual holiday. 

@scotnovel

Thanks for this idea. I haven't noticed them at our HL in the past, but will be sure to look this year.

I do love how things are on 50% off early in the season.

Super Contributor

@RazorSharp

Has their selection changed since the name change? I used to love walking in, stopping inside the door and just deeply inhaling. It always smelt like autumn to me. So relaxing. I just milled around until the scent went away. Then I'd go crazy looking at decor....that I didn't need...or Christmas stuff...wondering through the nearly 100 trees. Or checking out their discount and "oops"  clothing and shoes. 

I stopped going because the only one near me is 40 mins, in light traffic, one way, then dealing with bumper to bumper traffic on the 4 lane main road than runs in front of it. 

Trusted Contributor

@Ane1Care wrote:

@RazorSharp

Has their selection changed since the name change? I used to love walking in, stopping inside the door and just deeply inhaling. It always smelt like autumn to me. So relaxing. I just milled around until the scent went away. Then I'd go crazy looking at decor....that I didn't need...or Christmas stuff...wondering through the nearly 100 trees. Or checking out their discount and "oops"  clothing and shoes. 

I stopped going because the only one near me is 40 mins, in light traffic, one way, then dealing with bumper to bumper traffic on the 4 lane main road than runs in front of it. 

@Ane1Care I think the selection has greatly improved.  It's a great store for anyone who is starting from the bottom in decorating, so it's an interior designer's dream store. I buy most of my everyday decor from QVC, so I don't really spend that much time there, except at the holidays.  Their ornament section rivals Hobby Lobby and Michaels, and if you're looking for a new tree, or additional smaller trees, it's definitely the best place to shop.  They have a huge selection of wreaths, garlands, lights, outdoor lawn displays, and tabletop and wall decor. They also have a huge selection of throw pillows, mirrors of every size, area rugs, furniture and luggage.  In fact, it really is the best kept secret when it comes to luggage.  If you are familiar with the Heys brand that is sold on QVC, they have a copycat brand that has the same styles and prints (i.e. snow leapord, polka dot, etc.).  If you want the best pick of their Christmas decor, you have to go in early, because everything is picked over by Thanksgiving.  If you're going to make the trip, I would aim for the second week of November. The prices are fantastic.

Super Contributor

@RazorSharp

When I first heard about the name change it threw me off. I think in my mind it will forever be Garden Ridge. Mine used to start bringing out autumn, Halloween, and Christmas starting in late July. I think the scrooge brigade got to them send they cut it back to just autumn, a few inflatable Halloween lawn ornaments, candy, and a splattering of red and green. Even craft supplies for Christmas were almost non-existent. So, if working with villages was your thing you had to go elsewhere or wait until late September to try to get your hands on things.....if there were any left. 

I would go stand in the silk greens isle and just relax. It was like a little jungle. The rugs could leave me redecorating in my mind for a while too. Luckily they sold snacks, as it was an all day venture! 😉 

I think I'm going to have to plan a visit soon! Thanks for the info! 

Honored Contributor

@scotnovel wrote:

Hobby Lobby usually has some nice ones.  They come in a range of prices too.  The cheapest ones aren't the best quality of course, but some of their other ones are usually very nice quality and still a decent price.  Plus they usually have really good sales on holiday items at various intervals before the actual holiday. 

@scotnovel  I agree.....I purchased mine at Hobby Lobby I went for the more pricey ones since it was hard to tell them from the real ones (can't have real ones because of my cats)...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio  Last year I got a set of 3 red ones from VPH. They also came in white too. Maybe she will offer them again this year. I found them to be high quality and a real bargain for the price. (H203460). Even though they are not available currently, the video is still up so you can watch it...maybe at the very least to help compare to others available online Smiley Happy