Honored Contributor

I took down my few Thanksgiving decor today

and I will soon put up Christmas. But in the meanwhile it looks sparse here now.That's ok - it will make Christmas all that much prettier. We are way too busy from now through next week to get into Christmas decor but I want to get it up soon. DH is having eye surgery on the 7th of Dec - I want to get all the boxes down before then as he is supposed to be guiet for several days after the surgery.

Honored Contributor

Re: I took down my few Thanksgiving decor today

I took down my fall decorations this morning.  Took the hay bale and all the pumpkins and put them in yard waste container. 

Got several bins of Christmas decor out of shed.  Working right now on  decorating the Costco wreath for the front door.  I need to figure out where to put the house plants out of way (a problem every year).  Some I put big bows on but some I just have to move. 

Honored Contributor

I'm working on getting my Christmas decor up too. I was so ready for a change!

Honored Contributor

mousie webby from Pinterest.jpg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have the boxes up from the basement to put away the fall decor, but I haven't even started. 

Maybe tomorrow, I can get this done and gone, then I can clean.

Esteemed Contributor

I took down the Fall decor today, too. I spent a couple of hours putting out a few Christmas items, but the rest will take a couple of days. I like to take my time and savor the moments. LOL

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Well brought out all the containers and took down Fall decor (started at 5 and still not done organizing it).  I am exhausted from just packing it and cleaning to get ready to put up Christmas.

And to think I gave away a lot of things to my friend who just moved into her new home. (As I'm packing away things I marked a box to be given to my niece who just moved in a new home and holiday decor can be costly and I know she would love to have them).

At this point, I'm dreading putting up my complete Christmas decorations. Might just do a few things and my tree as I'm leaving the week before Christmas and won't return until afterJan. 15.

Thank God my husband is still in good health as he goes up in the attic (I tell him he's like a monkey on a jungle gym🙊) and brings all these containers down -- then puts them back up.