Honored Contributor

I'm in a Thanksgiving kind of mood

Don't know where it is coming from. I don't put fall decor out till after Labor Day and my son's birthday on Sept 4th. Now that he is grown, I really don't give a hoot about Halloween and never did decorate for it. All my fall decor is basically harvest/fall and stays out till the day after Thanksgiving.

We have made a point of going to an Amish buffet on Thanksgiving as there are just the four of us most times (sometimes a couple of friends join us). I used to alternate every other year, cooking a turkey and all the trimmings one year, going out the next, but we lean more toward toward the going out more all the time. 

It's been so hot here this summer, I'm ready for cool weather, brown corn fields, and leaves.

I'm not in a hurry to get to Christmas, but I am in the mood for November, for some reason, I'm in the mood for fall decor, short days, cold nights (so we can have snuggley throws, candle light, camp fires etc.), and an end to the heat.

By the time it gets here, I'll be whining for spring!  

Trusted Contributor

Re: I'm in a Thanksgiving kind of mood

I feel the same way.  There's a turkey thawing in my refrigerator that I'll stuff tomorrow and have for dinner tomorrow night along with mashed potatoes and green bean casserole.  I've been burning harvest scented candles all weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm right there with you @Mominohio.  I love the fall and everything that comes with it.  

The only difference is I won't be "whining for spring"  LOL  I could have fall and winter all year and be a happy camper.  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Don't know where it is coming from. I don't put fall decor out till after Labor Day and my son's birthday on Sept 4th. Now that he is grown, I really don't give a hoot about Halloween and never did decorate for it. All my fall decor is basically harvest/fall and stays out till the day after Thanksgiving.

We have made a point of going to an Amish buffet on Thanksgiving as there are just the four of us most times (sometimes a couple of friends join us). I used to alternate every other year, cooking a turkey and all the trimmings one year, going out the next, but we lean more toward toward the going out more all the time. 

It's been so hot here this summer, I'm ready for cool weather, brown corn fields, and leaves.

I'm not in a hurry to get to Christmas, but I am in the mood for November, for some reason, I'm in the mood for fall decor, short days, cold nights (so we can have snuggley throws, candle light, camp fires etc.), and an end to the heat.

By the time it gets here, I'll be whining for spring!  

@Mominohio  The weather lately has been very Fall like, Indian summer.  So far, we havn't had the blazing heat that we usually have, so this weather puts me in the mood for Fall decor, but I will wait until October, early, as usual, to put it out.  I have been eating pumpkin, raisin, nut mini quick bread from the freezer, and that also has put me in the Fall mood.Smiley Happy

I stopped decorating for Halloween when DD stopped trick-or-treating.

Esteemed Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

I feel the same way.  There's a turkey thawing in my refrigerator that I'll stuff tomorrow and have for dinner tomorrow night along with mashed potatoes and green bean casserole.  I've been burning harvest scented candles all weekend.

I've always been a strict seasonal candle burning fan--but like you, I have been burning autumn scented candles this weekend.....I'm so tired of the hot weather outside and the tropical scent inside!!  My family thinks I've lost my mind--so what if I have!!

Esteemed Contributor

I had a taste for oatmeal bread.......I gave it a thought & quickly dismissed it !  OMG, it was 85 up here today with high humidity. Tomorrow, more of the same.

@Mominohio gave some thought to heading for Kidron this weekend but I think the holoday weekend will bring out crazy City Tourists by the hundreds!

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

I had a taste for oatmeal bread.......I gave it a thought & quickly dismissed it !  OMG, it was 85 up here today with high humidity. Tomorrow, more of the same.

@Mominohio gave some thought to heading for Kidron this weekend but I think the holoday weekend will bring out crazy City Tourists by the hundreds!

@Snowpuppy

You are probably right! It will be the last big push before the official summer season is over, and that often brings a lot of tourists.

We tend to go  mid week when possible, and the roads and shops are less crowded (usually)!

Esteemed Contributor

I am so ready for fall...It has been so hot and humid that I feel like a hermit staying in the air conditioning so much......

I am tired of watering the flowers and ready to just pull the annuals out....

Respected Contributor

Add me to the Fall list of goodies too!  Never been a 'summer' girl, and this year's heat and humidity seems to be worse than ever!  Haven't pulled out the fall candles yet, (need to purchase some first..lol) but I just purchased Pumpkin Spice Cheerios (Walmart) and Pumpkin spice coffee (BJs.)  

I start teaching again on Sept.1st, so I usually try and get my fall decorating (just my fireplace mantle) completed before heading back to school.  On a cool day during the month of September, I'll replace the summer wreath on the front door with the fall one.  Since, my children are grown, I don't do Halloween decor.

I could totally skip summer and not miss it.  Bring on the cool, crisp weather with a log or two burning in the fireplace.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

I guess I'm the odd one out here.  I am never ready for summer to end.  I like to decorate for fall too but in warm weather.   I hate the cold weather and sweaters, coats and scarves, preferring shorts, tees and flip flops. 

It's too cold when Thanksgiving comes and people trying to travel with ice and snow making  that difficult.  I'd like Christmas and Thanksgiving  during warmer weather.  Smiley Happy

@Mominohio The cooler and  cold weather will come whether either of us is ready for it.  I know both of our homes  will be decked out in fall colors soon and we will enjoy using all that decor we have.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving mood.