Honored Contributor

How Was Your Holiday Cooking?

We are doing our family celebration tomorrow.  Our Dil got covid but is ok now.

I love 7 Layer Cookies right out of  the oven.  They're so much more rich!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: How Was Your Holiday Cooking?

Fabulous!  Catered locally, bought fruitcake and a number of Williams-Sonoma candies, some Panettone (a tradition of ours) and a very very relaxed holiday season!

Honored Contributor

I didn't cook this year I was invited to a friends.

We had a wonderful dinner prepared by the Executive Chef for Wegmans (their SIL) he oversees that Department.  Everything was delicious !

I bought a turkey so I'll invite friends over to enjoy sometime soon as I love turkey & was away during Thanksgiving.

Although, I did bake this year which I thoroughly enjoyed and so did those who I gave the cookies to.

Respected Contributor

I roasted rack of lamb, bbq'd filet mignon and slow cooked a ham in the crock pot.  I made rice, green beans and a cucumber, tomatoes and onion salad.  

It all turned out good but luckily my son in law realized my meat thermometer had gotten onto celcius accidently, I kept wondering why the temps was so low!

Honored Contributor

Ø     I have only ONE living relative, who lives 3,000 miles away!

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Ø     I have only ONE living relative, who lives 3,000 miles away!

@Desertdi 

All the more reason I wish @SilleeMee @Kachina624 myself and any other fun southwest characters could get together!

Of course I have my friends here in metro Denver but I think it'd be a fun adventure for us all to meet. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

There were only five of us this year as one was ill.  Crown roast of pork and roast turkey with all the trimmings.  Doesn't matter if you have five or ten, same amount of work.  The sides were mashed potatoes, dressing, carrots, French green beans and turnip.  The meal was delicious and the company was great.

Dessert was plum pudding with sauce and fruitcake.

We had snow predictions yesterday so we took down the outside decorations before it started.  Now it looks like a winter wonderland!  Glad that's done!

Respected Contributor

Made peanut brittle for my husband, and it turned out perfectly.  I make it every year and have it down to a science!  We went to a family member's home for Christmas breakfast, and I took a fruit salad that I make often. I also took a breakfast cake that I have not made in years--Honey Bun Cake.  I always am a bit uptight when I am making a long-forgotten recipe for the first time again (especially for company or to take somewhere), but it turned out wonderfully, and everyone went on and on about it.  I used to have a food blog as a hobby, and here are pics of the three recipes I made:

Unknown (2).jpg

Unknown5.jpg

Unknown3.jpg

Respected Contributor

I cooked a 13lb. Boneless rib roast and I was so anxious about cooking it properly.  

It turned out perfectly. It was fork tender and delicious!  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@Ainhisg 

I'm definitely going to make the honey bun cake.  Thanks! Looks delicious