Honored Contributor

Re: House to Home by Valerie - 10/25

@homedecor1

Oh, that was it? I heard all that, I didn't realize that was the big announcement.

Mmmmmmmmm.........

Thanks for the info!

Respected Contributor

I wonder if it's at all connected to Jill's loss of her set designer in July.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with the consensus here.....

I didn't really see a real difference in this show ---and I agree with @Mominohio  the set was not as dressed up as I've seen on other shows...

The show was a variation of a lot of what we've already seen.......

The bottle brush trees were interesting I could use them in my "winter wonderland" theme in my kitchen with my snowmen  but the trees were a bit pricey because I would need 2 of them....

But even with all the flaws nice to see QVC doing a decor show in prime time...I do enjoy Valerie and her calm, pleasant, and humble personalty....and always pick up a decorating tip .......I didn't even mind Albany---  she had to inerrupt to give the constant updates because things were selling quickly so decor does sell........which makes it odder that QVC turned Jill's decor show into a gift show.... Although Jill made it seem she was the sole creator/designer of her shows, but in reality she is just another QVC sales person, but she made it seem like she carried more weight than other hosts......which she apparently doesn't..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

So what was the big announcement they were supposed to make at the end of the show?

I thought I was listening but I didn't hear any special announcement.

how to decorate your porch front door area. What your guests see as they walk up to your home.

Tips using VPH products, 

urns with oversize mercury balls

oversized metal sleigh (beautiful but $100😳)

garland and wreath - fresh by her

2 big snowmen in sleigh

wasnt anything spectacular to me! 

I heard/saw that.  I have grown quite weary of QVC's "big announcements."  For it to be how to decorate your front door was not just anti-climatic, it was silly.  I enjoy Valerie's shows very much (hopefully they'll rotate the host that'll be with her), but they can do away with the watch-till-the-end-of-the-show hyperbole.  That boy has cried wolf one too many times.

Honored Contributor

I didn't buy anything during the show.  I did enjoy watching though. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't watch, but did look at items recently on air. Didn't see anything I felt I needed.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mominohio wrote:

I watched, but I guess I'm totally over it all (Q and their decor for Christmas this year, that is).

I thought the set looked much less enticing than usual, and the offerings were really lackluster in my opinion. 

I tend to agree. Like so much else QVC sells, they're stuck in a rut. It's always the same things or the same types of things, with very little variety. There were a couple of pretty things offered last night, but, as is becoming the norm, too much kitsch and nothing that really induced any sort of 'wow' factor. I've got enough holiday decor and am increasingly doing less holiday decorating anyway, so wasn't planning any purchases and there was nothing there to change my mind. Were I to look locally I'd probably find something because the mix of products is more varied, or at least historically has been.

Though not usually a fan, I thought Albany did a commendable job. I didn't feel she rushed Valerie or spoke over her as others are known to do, and it seemed to me that she let Valerie take the lead.

As for the choice to deep-six Jill's shows, I suspect it's a multiplicity of factors not the least of which might have been product availability. But yes, perhaps part of it was a realization that while Jill has her supporters, her fan base simply isn't as broad as they assumed it was and that her usual demeanor is often off-putting to a segment of the potential audience.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

So what was the big announcement they were supposed to make at the end of the show?

how to decorate your porch front door area. What your guests see as they walk up to your home.

Tips using VPH products, 

2 big snowmen in sleigh

I heard/saw that.  I have grown quite weary of QVC's "big announcements."  For it to be how to decorate your front door was not just anti-climatic, it was silly.  I enjoy Valerie's shows very much (hopefully they'll rotate the host that'll be with her), but they can do away with the watch-till-the-end-of-the-show hyperbole.  That boy has cried wolf one too many times.

More true words were never spoken. Their big announcements are never big. I've often thougt that if they did a better job programming and presenting and offered more of a mix they wouldn't need to try to rely on malarky like this to keep viewers tuned in.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Tips using VPH products, 

2 big snowmen in sleigh

More true words were never spoken. Their big announcements are never big. I've often thougt that if they did a better job programming and presenting and offered more of a mix they wouldn't need to try to rely on malarky like this to keep viewers tuned in.

@Caaareful Shopper  I really think most of us can decorate our front porch without  help from anyone.  That was a tad ridiculous for a big announcement.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

@ChiliPepper wrote:

Tips using VPH products, 

2 big snowmen in sleigh

@Caaareful Shopper  I really think most of us can decorate our front porch without  help from anyone.  That was a tad ridiculous for a big announcement.  Smiley Happy

To be honest, I felt a little bamboozled!

You don't have to trick me into watching until the end, I'm gonna watch!

Maybe I'm just being dramatic LOL!!!