Trusted Contributor

Re: Hoping to see CIJ holiday decor without glitter and lights

@lucymo  And...always trust your buying, buying, buying enabling Lucy...LOL

Trusted Contributor

Glitter, MERCURY GLASS, and anything that lights up...I can do without. I have enough. Actually, I have stopped buying anything with those three things for over two years now.

Why does everything.......EVERYTHING....have to light up? Oh, and spheres. Aren't there  enough spheres in the world now?

Trusted Contributor

@RedHeadedWench: I'm with you on the spheres.  Never did get into them to begin with so I'm happy to see something else.  

Respected Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@MTH  Girl, I've been wondering about you as you've been MIA for too long.  I didn't think about it being a technical problem.  I really thought you didn't trust our enabling you to buy, buy and buy.  lol  We'll all be here for CIJ and lose our minds again like we have for several years, no matter what we say now.  I'm going to enlarge some pics of my way over loaded storage room and hang them just above the TV.  Worth a shot.

It's good to have you back, missed you.

Bolded above?  That's brilliant thinking, and I think it just might work.  I would get nauseated looking at photos of my "junk room".  LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

Speaking of Valerie's set of 4 micro lights, H205480,  I also bought a set when they showed up as-is priced.  I got the warm white set.  

I haven't had any of them running long enough to comment on the battery life yet, but I wanted to share how I've started using them.  

I have a lantern with colored glass panels.  I placed a strand of the lights in it and I think it looks great.  I like how they look through colored glass. 

This is going to sound strange but here goes.  I bought two of the 6" real marble VPH candles as-is priced.  I didn't like the more orange light or the flicker all that much, but I really liked the texturing of the marble itself.  So, I carved out the entire candle mechanism with a knife (warning--this is VERY difficult, but achievable) and was left with only the marble cylinders.  I've experimented so far with Mystique (same as Luminara) 3" tall votives placed inside the cylinders.  I also placed in them Valerie's warm white microlights.

I can't decide which I like best.  The votives have the moving flame look and project onto the ceiling, but the microlights fill up the entire candle, and when wrapped around the battery box, hide it well, and give off a light yellow to almost white really cool glow.  

Esteemed Contributor

I admit that the light-up items always get my attention, for a moment at least, but like others have said, I have way too many around here and do not want to buy any more.  I already don't turn all of them on because in my home it looks strange having so much "on" at one time.  I don't mind upgrading by switching out an older candle for a Luminara (or for a microlight strand, like I mentioned before) but I don't want to add more light-up items to my home.

What I want to see brought to QVC for CIJ (or any time of year, really) is a decorative piece that is so compelling that it does not need lights to make it appealing.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Missed you @SHOPR!  You said the best word that will be a levelizer for me during CIJ...compelling.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR wrote:

I admit that the light-up items always get my attention, for a moment at least, but like others have said, I have way too many around here and do not want to buy any more.  I already don't turn all of them on because in my home it looks strange having so much "on" at one time.  I don't mind upgrading by switching out an older candle for a Luminara (or for a microlight strand, like I mentioned before) but I don't want to add more light-up items to my home.

What I want to see brought to QVC for CIJ (or any time of year, really) is a decorative piece that is so compelling that it does not need lights to make it appealing.  

@SHOPR, I agree with you, I also tend to not light up all my pieces at the same time. I feel like if they are all on and  if it wasn't for my roof, my home could be mistaken for an airport landing strip. 😄 

I have to admit that I have been taken lately with Luminara candles and micro lights. However, at least I can use those year round and in a multitude of ways. Going forward, I'm going to be quite choosy in what I purchase specifically for Christmas decor. It's really going to have that "wow factor" to get my attention. Your comment about it being "so compelling that it does not need lights to make it appealing" pretty much sums it up for me too. 

Trusted Contributor

Anyone know when we'll see the unofficial launch of CIJ?  Last year it started on July 1, and that's under 10 weeks from now.  I wonder if they'll start early again this year?