Honored Contributor

Home Reflections 3 sided angel/lantern

[ Edited ]

I just bought 3 for gifts (H208590)...MIL, SIL and an elderly friend I have known all my life. I read the reviews and decided to order while they were still in stock at the sale price.

I got a set of Quacker Factory tops for my aunt in the seashell/pink (A276853)...so that makes 4 Christmas gifts...done and done! Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

Re: Home Reflections 3 sided angel/lantern

I ordered one for my grandmother the day it popped up in new arrivals section. My grandfather unexpectedly passed a few days before christmas last year and she has a shrine set up to her in her breakfront area. I thought this would be a nice addition to it for her.

I'll probably wish I had ordered a second one for myself once I get it...should be any day now actually.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@J9 wrote:

I ordered one for my grandmother the day it popped up in new arrivals section. My grandfather unexpectedly passed a few days before christmas last year and she has a shrine set up to her in her breakfront area. I thought this would be a nice addition to it for her.

I'll probably wish I had ordered a second one for myself once I get it...should be any day now actually.

@J9  Your grandmother will love this piece!  As for getting one for yourself, you will probably be able to decide when you see the one for your Grandmother. Hopefully it will be before they sell out or the sale price ends at the end of July Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@J9 wrote:

@J9 

I had planned to order this for a friend in assisted living but she has passed away.  I think it looks beautiful but I don't need it for me.  I know your Grandmother will love it.

Respected Contributor

I ordered this and it arrived yesterday. Still thinking about whether to keep it but leaning toward it.  She is very pretty when lit (make sure you use new batteries when lighting because she was rather dim after not putting in older ones).  During the day she is not as noticeable imo but very nicely done.  

For those who ordered her I hope you post your thoughts.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HisElk wrote:

I ordered this and it arrived yesterday. Still thinking about whether to keep it but leaning toward it.  She is very pretty when lit (make sure you use new batteries when lighting because she was rather dim after not putting in older ones).  During the day she is not as noticeable imo but very nicely done.  

@HisElk1 Forgive me, but I'm confused....

Since I am giving them as gifts, I will be putting in new (rechargable) batteries before I wrap them...

As for it being dim during the day, I am sure the recipients of the gift/this lantern will set the timer for evening hours Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@HisElk wrote:

@HisElk1 Forgive me, but I'm confused....

Since I am giving them as gifts, I will be putting in new (rechargable) batteries before I wrap them...

As for it being dim during the day, I am sure the recipients of the gift/this lantern will set the timer for evening hours Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise, I'll bet you are confused.  This teaches me to never try to post from my DH's Ipad again.  I am so used to typing on my laptop.

To clarify, when the she arrived, we wanted to see how she looked lit up, so my DH had found some older batteries he had in one of his drawers and used them.  She lit up but was very dim.  We ended up getting new batteries and that made a big difference.  One of the reasons she doesn't show up well is because we have her on our fireplace mantle against an off white wall, which is why during the day when not lit she doesn't show up well.

I'm sure  you will put brand new batteries in yours for gifts.  Hope the explanation "unconfused" you.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just an update...

I went back to check the additional reviews posted for this piece and I'm tickled pink! I can't wait for the ones that I ordered to arrive within the next day or two. IF I wind up loving this piece, I just 'might' cave and get one for myself while they are still in stock at the great CIJ sale price! 

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

I just bought 3 for gifts (H208590)...MIL, SIL and an elderly friend I have known all my life. I read the reviews and decided to order while they were still in stock at the sale price.

I got a set of Quacker Factory tops for my aunt in the seashell/pink (A276853)...so that makes 4 Christmas gifts...done and done! Smiley Happy

You need to order another one; you forgot someone on your list...ME, lol!!  I have this beautiful angel on my WL & after reading the reviews & your blessing, I will most likely be ordering.  Thanks for the FYI!  

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@Susan Louise wrote:

You need to order another one; you forgot someone on your list...ME, lol!!  I have this beautiful angel on my WL & after reading the reviews & your blessing, I will most likely be ordering.  Thanks for the FYI!  

@BornToShop    Oops!................. msorry-and-blushed.gif

LOL...you're a hoot! I think what makes this piece really nice is that it's really seasonless...and a small enough footprint that it can be placed anywhere. 

I know it also would make a great gift for almost anyone. I think of a couple expecting a baby to put in a baby's room, for those in assisted living, for a family member who just moved into a new home/apt, someone going through a rough patch in life, etc...

And...Ummmm...if you are wondering...no, I am not getting a commission...ooonooo.gif