Honored Contributor

Re: Holidays with Jill Premiere ~ What'd You Buy???

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

While I love to see home decor shows especially Christmas--- but did not purchase anything.. a lot of it looked like Valeries, too much looked alike---I did appreciate her trying a different theme, however, the glistening trees H209654 looked much like Valeries icicle trees ....H203513 ....  Valerie already showed us a lot finials.....the deer looked very much like the deer I got from Valerie long ago....the difference was the "fur" collar where mine had holly....Her crystal ornaments were again much like Valeries but at least they were on clearance....But I had to laugh about the savings on the porcelain sleigh on clearance (shown briefly) .... a savings of a whole $2 and change---come on QVC give a REAL clearance price now!

A couple of things I did like was that Jill said she didn't want to bring in the same things over and over and the fact she gave a bit more credit to the actual designers rather than herself for some of the items....and I like the idea of doing different themes....hopefully we get some variety in styles and products!

@lucymo  I did think the polar bears were cute.....both mom/cub and 2 cubs.....enjoy your purchase....  

@Spurt  Hi Spurt, I just couldn't pass the baby bears up since I already had the Mom and baby from last year. I'm thinking I will use the two babies in my icy scene that I do on a long table. 

The porcelain sleigh that Jill mentioned was already sold out yesterday before the show.  I thought about getting it but it was gone.  So, unless someone canceled their order it wasn't available.

I do like that Santa she had on last night.  I wanted to get it last year but kept passing on it.  I'd like to find it in 'as is' and the cost would be a little less.  That's always good.

@lucymo

That icy theme sounds neat.......I have a "winter wonderland" theme in my kitchen with snowmen and some cardinals....the polar bears might work there....but I controlled myself and passed on them....although I may regret it.. Woman Wink 

I'm going to a small shopping center this afternoon and pick up some birthday gifts.....I will stop in at The Hallmark Store, Pier One, Bath & Body Works, and Bed Bath & Beyond.....so let's see how my self control holds up...Woman LOL  Then I'll meet some friends for a late lunch and rest from all my shopping ....

@Spurt  The Mom and baby bears were in 'as is' all summer but I think they are sold out now. 

Spurt, I hate to say this but I just can't put my bet on your self control this afternoon.  I would lose I'm pretty sure.  P1 is where I'd be most tempted with all the beautiful things they have.

Have fun, that's what's important.

@lucymo

I did have fun shopping and there was another thread about Hallmark's Heritage ornaments.....seeing them in person does do them justice.....there was a beautiful angel I was tempted to get....she was the most pricey one of course (LOL)....$40....so I'll have to think about it......  Pier 1 was some fall and some Christmas....but they were in the process of transitioning and all their Christmas stuff won't be out until October 15th.....BUT LUCYMO they had the cutest Christmas sisal deer.....I was so tempted ..... after i finished making the rounds of shops I was going to circle back and get it....but the store was packed and ran out of time....so perhaps another day.....The standing one is the one I wanted.....

Natural Standing & Sitting Deer

http://www.pier1.com/natural-standing-%26-sitting-deer/PS69647.html#q=deer&start=1

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

To those of you who did buy, I say this:  Home Goods locally.  No shipping and handling charges nor charges to return something.  Have fun - they have nice decorative holiday things at great prices.

@Pearlee

I do like Home Goods....and I love how they are always getting new merchandise....always something different......

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

I purchased the indoor/outdoor finials- -am excited to get them!  I also purchased the deer.  I will say I had taken the day off from work to clean out my garage of Christmas decor!!  Curating my collection- I have a stack of items ready to go to someone or goodwill.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crazycockermom wrote:

Nomore might have been referring to these that are on Costco's website:

IMG_3328.PNG

@mousiegirl

@lucymo

These are the ones at Costco. 29.99. The sitting one is about 10" tall, maybe 10"long; the standing one is about 14"high, 10"long. (didn't have anything to measure with so that's eyeballing it). There's led lights on the collar each, takes 3 AAA each. I also didn't take my reading glasses, but I didn't see a timer, just on and off.  They are very pretty, I thought they were white in the Costco lighting, but they could be offwhite in daylight.

edit: according to costco.com, there is a timer and they are bit bigger.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

While I love to see home decor shows especially Christmas--- but did not purchase anything.. a lot of it looked like Valeries, too much looked alike---I did appreciate her trying a different theme, however, the glistening trees H209654 looked much like Valeries icicle trees ....H203513 ....  Valerie already showed us a lot finials.....the deer looked very much like the deer I got from Valerie long ago....the difference was the "fur" collar where mine had holly....Her crystal ornaments were again much like Valeries but at least they were on clearance....But I had to laugh about the savings on the porcelain sleigh on clearance (shown briefly) .... a savings of a whole $2 and change---come on QVC give a REAL clearance price now!

A couple of things I did like was that Jill said she didn't want to bring in the same things over and over and the fact she gave a bit more credit to the actual designers rather than herself for some of the items....and I like the idea of doing different themes....hopefully we get some variety in styles and products!

@lucymo  I did think the polar bears were cute.....both mom/cub and 2 cubs.....enjoy your purchase....  

@Spurt  Hi Spurt, I just couldn't pass the baby bears up since I already had the Mom and baby from last year. I'm thinking I will use the two babies in my icy scene that I do on a long table. 

The porcelain sleigh that Jill mentioned was already sold out yesterday before the show.  I thought about getting it but it was gone.  So, unless someone canceled their order it wasn't available.

I do like that Santa she had on last night.  I wanted to get it last year but kept passing on it.  I'd like to find it in 'as is' and the cost would be a little less.  That's always good.

@lucymo

That icy theme sounds neat.......I have a "winter wonderland" theme in my kitchen with snowmen and some cardinals....the polar bears might work there....but I controlled myself and passed on them....although I may regret it.. Woman Wink 

I'm going to a small shopping center this afternoon and pick up some birthday gifts.....I will stop in at The Hallmark Store, Pier One, Bath & Body Works, and Bed Bath & Beyond.....so let's see how my self control holds up...Woman LOL  Then I'll meet some friends for a late lunch and rest from all my shopping ....

@Spurt  The Mom and baby bears were in 'as is' all summer but I think they are sold out now. 

Spurt, I hate to say this but I just can't put my bet on your self control this afternoon.  I would lose I'm pretty sure.  P1 is where I'd be most tempted with all the beautiful things they have.

Have fun, that's what's important.

@lucymo

I did have fun shopping and there was another thread about Hallmark's Heritage ornaments.....seeing them in person does do them justice.....there was a beautiful angel I was tempted to get....she was the most pricey one of course (LOL)....$40....so I'll have to think about it......  Pier 1 was some fall and some Christmas....but they were in the process of transitioning and all their Christmas stuff won't be out until October 15th.....BUT LUCYMO they had the cutest Christmas sisal deer.....I was so tempted ..... after i finished making the rounds of shops I was going to circle back and get it....but the store was packed and ran out of time....so perhaps another day.....The standing one is the one I wanted.....

Natural Standing & Sitting Deer

http://www.pier1.com/natural-standing-%26-sitting-deer/PS69647.html#q=deer&start=1

@Spurt  I am so glad you enjoyed your outing.  This is funny about the sisal deer as I've had them in my cart more than once but just never commited to buying them.  I agree, they are the cutest.  I hope to own them soon.

You sound like me with the pretty angel.  My DH says when I walk into a store my eyes always go directly to the most expensive item in the store.  But,  I do watch for them to go on sale and hope they are still there when that happens.

I just went on the Christmas Tree Shops site and looked around a little.  Looks like they might have a couple of things I'd be interested in.  I haven't ordered from them so will check out their CS, if they take Paypal and their return policy tonight.

Honored Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

IMG_3328.PNG

@mousiegirl

@lucymo

These are the ones at Costco. 29.99. The sitting one is about 10" tall, maybe 10"long; the standing one is about 14"high, 10"long. (didn't have anything to measure with so that's eyeballing it). There's led lights on the collar each, takes 3 AAA each. I also didn't take my reading glasses, but I didn't see a timer, just on and off.  They are very pretty, I thought they were white in the Costco lighting, but they could be offwhite in daylight.

@crazycockermom  Well, I love them whether they are white or off white.  Wonder where the battery pack is.  I'll go the site and see.   

Thanks for checking it out.

Honored Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

IMG_3328.PNG

@mousiegirl

@lucymo

@Nomore  Thanks for the post.  I'm a total deer addict and find it difficult to pass up the nice ones.  We don't have a Costco anywhere near us (2+ hrs) so we are not members.

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@Nomore wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

IMG_3328.PNG

@mousiegirl

@lucymo

@Nomore  Thanks for the post.  I'm a total deer addict and find it difficult to pass up the nice ones.  We don't have a Costco anywhere near us (2+ hrs) so we are not members.

@lucymo  Compared to Valerie's, what do you think?

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@Nomore wrote:

@crazycockermom wrote:

IMG_3328.PNG

@mousiegirl

@lucymo

@lucymo  Compared to Valerie's, what do you think?

@mousiegirl  I've always been happy with Valerie's deer.  I think they are about the same in style and price.  You?

Go on Christmas Tree Shops site and look at the metal deer they have.  I'm going to check out the company and maybe order one or two of the deer.

Esteemed Contributor

Just didn't see anything that I couldn't live without. I ordered the baby polar bears for my sis in law, but cancelled the order. Only really wanted one, so will look else where.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein