Honored Contributor

Re: Holidays with Jill Premiere ~ What'd You Buy???

I didn't watch the show, but did look at items previously on air, no purchases this time around. I haven't received my last order, it just shipped today, but I am sure I do not need anything else, shoot, didn't need the things I have already ordered, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I started dozing off after 15-20 minutes.  In a way I'm glad the Antiqued Bronze colored sleigh and the new color Blush in the mercury glass bird clips were not presented after all, because I just could not stay awake. 

The antique bronze sleigh that I already ordered looks like it will ship today.

Esteemed Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

I didn't buy any thing either. I am not into whimsical and most of the show was not new, so nothing tempted me. If the show next week is whimsical and her last one is dedicated to gifts, not decor, then I will make do with what I have. I still like to watch for inspiration and enjoy hearing how others intend to decorate. It's fun.

@SunValley, In a blog, Jill said that there will be 7 total weekly shows, with the first one airing last night, and the last one focusing on gifts, so that leaves us with 5 different themed shows yet to come, to hopefully find some things or get some ideas.  I'm not too excited based on the items shown in the blog, but who knows.  

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Friday-Favorites-Holidays-with-Jill-Bauer-Season-Premiere/ba-p/319...

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

While I love to see home decor shows especially Christmas--- but nothing caught my eyes and much was very similar to some of Valeries...---I did appreciate her trying a different theme, however, the glistening trees H209654 looked much like Valeries icicle trees ....H203513 ....  Valerie already showed us a lot finials.....the deer looked very much like the deer I got from Valerie long ago....the difference was the "fur" collar where mine had holly....Her crystal ornaments were again much like Valeries but at least they were on clearance....But I had to laugh about the savings on the porcelain sleigh on clearance (shown briefly) .... a savings of a whole $2 and change---come on QVC give a REAL clearance price now!

A couple of things I did like was that Jill said she didn't want to bring in the same things over and over from year to year (perhaps a second repeat if it was popular but that would be it).....Also she gave a bit more credit to the actual designers rather than herself for some of the items....and I like the idea of doing different themes....hopefully we get some variety in styles and products!

@lucymo  I did think the polar bears were cute.....both mom/cub and 2 cubs.....enjoy your purchase....  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Didn't buy anything last night. I thought the flocked tree was beautiful but I'm not a fan of pastel lights on a Christmas tree.

Also, it lookd as if when the traditional colors were turned on there were pink lights included with the traditional.  It was hard to tell since QVC isn't in HD here so the picture quality isn't that great. I wish Jill had mentioned the colors.  Traditional, to me, means red, green, gold and blue.

I also wish they'd give Valerie a weekly show for the next 7 weeks.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

While I love to see home decor shows especially Christmas--- but did not purchase anything.. a lot of it looked like Valeries, too much looked alike---I did appreciate her trying a different theme, however, the glistening trees H209654 looked much like Valeries icicle trees ....H203513 ....  Valerie already showed us a lot finials.....the deer looked very much like the deer I got from Valerie long ago....the difference was the "fur" collar where mine had holly....Her crystal ornaments were again much like Valeries but at least they were on clearance....But I had to laugh about the savings on the porcelain sleigh on clearance (shown briefly) .... a savings of a whole $2 and change---come on QVC give a REAL clearance price now!

A couple of things I did like was that Jill said she didn't want to bring in the same things over and over and the fact she gave a bit more credit to the actual designers rather than herself for some of the items....and I like the idea of doing different themes....hopefully we get some variety in styles and products!

@lucymo  I did think the polar bears were cute.....both mom/cub and 2 cubs.....enjoy your purchase....  

@Spurt  Hi Spurt, I just couldn't pass the baby bears up since I already had the Mom and baby from last year. I'm thinking I will use the two babies in my icy scene that I do on a long table. 

The porcelain sleigh that Jill mentioned was already sold out yesterday before the show.  I thought about getting it but it was gone.  So, unless someone canceled their order it wasn't available.

I do like that Santa she had on last night.  I wanted to get it last year but kept passing on it.  I'd like to find it in 'as is' and the cost would be a little less.  That's always good.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt
I was wondering if those glistening trees were the same too. I almost ordered Valerie's at one time but didn't because I heard they were so messy. I do think they are neat though.

I also considered the deer as I don't have any yet and I'm trying to get the "right" ones for me and possibly a sleigh to go with. On the fence if I like the fur collar or not.

So, I didn't order anything, yet.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lucymo wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

While I love to see home decor shows especially Christmas--- but did not purchase anything.. a lot of it looked like Valeries, too much looked alike---I did appreciate her trying a different theme, however, the glistening trees H209654 looked much like Valeries icicle trees ....H203513 ....  Valerie already showed us a lot finials.....the deer looked very much like the deer I got from Valerie long ago....the difference was the "fur" collar where mine had holly....Her crystal ornaments were again much like Valeries but at least they were on clearance....But I had to laugh about the savings on the porcelain sleigh on clearance (shown briefly) .... a savings of a whole $2 and change---come on QVC give a REAL clearance price now!

A couple of things I did like was that Jill said she didn't want to bring in the same things over and over and the fact she gave a bit more credit to the actual designers rather than herself for some of the items....and I like the idea of doing different themes....hopefully we get some variety in styles and products!

@Spurt  Hi Spurt, I just couldn't pass the baby bears up since I already had the Mom and baby from last year. I'm thinking I will use the two babies in my icy scene that I do on a long table. 

The porcelain sleigh that Jill mentioned was already sold out yesterday before the show.  I thought about getting it but it was gone.  So, unless someone canceled their order it wasn't available.

I do like that Santa she had on last night.  I wanted to get it last year but kept passing on it.  I'd like to find it in 'as is' and the cost would be a little less.  That's always good.

@lucymo

That icy theme sounds neat.......I have a "winter wonderland" theme in my kitchen with snowmen and some cardinals....the polar bears might work there....but I controlled myself and passed on them....although I may regret it.. Woman Wink 

I'm going to a small shopping center this afternoon and pick up some birthday gifts.....I will stop in at The Hallmark Store, Pier One, Bath & Body Works, and Bed Bath & Beyond.....so let's see how my self control holds up...Woman LOL  Then I'll meet some friends for a late lunch and rest from all my shopping ....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom wrote:
@Spurt
I was wondering if those glistening trees were the same too. I almost ordered Valerie's at one time but didn't because I heard they were so messy. I do think they are neat though.

I also considered the deer as I don't have any yet and I'm trying to get the "right" ones for me and possibly a sleigh to go with. On the fence if I like the fur collar or not.

So, I didn't order anything, yet.

@crazycockermom  Now, let me get this straight.  Did you say that you don't have any Reindeer?  That just can't be.  lol. I am a confessed  'Reindeer addict'.

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

I didn't buy any thing either. I am not into whimsical and most of the show was not new, so nothing tempted me. If the show next week is whimsical and her last one is dedicated to gifts, not decor, then I will make do with what I have. I still like to watch for inspiration and enjoy hearing how others intend to decorate. It's fun.

@SunValley, In a blog, Jill said that there will be 7 total weekly shows, with the first one airing last night, and the last one focusing on gifts, so that leaves us with 5 different themed shows yet to come, to hopefully find some things or get some ideas.  I'm not too excited based on the items shown in the blog, but who knows.  

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/Friday-Favorites-Holidays-with-Jill-Bauer-Season-Premiere/ba-p/319...

@SHOPR thanks for the heads up. I will keep tuning in!