Regular Contributor

Re: Holidays with Carolyn, no decor??

[ Edited ]

I was disappointed in the first fifteen or so minutes and stopped watching. I find it annoying that Carolyn always directs her presentations as if only seniors watch the network. There are younger people like myself that do watch. I'm very disappointed with the fact that Jill will no longer be having any decor shows. Between that the lack of very few new decor products all year and Valerie selling pretty much the same thing over and over again I want to completely give up and tune out. Its upsetting to me because this is the only time of year I really watch the channel. What is this channel thinking having a heating pad as a TSV. Pretty sure I saw that right.

Jill's shows are cancelled. Carolyn's decor shows were wasted with a TSV non related to decor  presented at least twice. Dan isn't having many of his shows. In fact last time he wasn't even there for Home For the Holidays another host was. There is going to be a live Ellen show tonight and Carolyn won't be there someone else will.

What is going on with QVC? There are only so many heaters, vacuums, dysons or  throw blankets they can sell. This has been a lackluster holiday decor year. I'm really super disappointed. I guess July is it. Almost four months ahead of time.

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I bet the shipping problem has Valerie chewing her fingernails and merchandisers at QVC pulling their hair out.  It may be the reason for sudden show changes.  I wish they'd say what's going on with the changes...you'd think it was a state secret.  It may even affect clothing shows.

Somewhere, maybe in the Linea favorite brand, I read that there are/were shipments of Linea clothing delayed, canceling a show.  It is likely, it is affecting other shipments, including decor.  I don't like the secretiveness, either, it wouldn't reflect poor business practices. Stuff happens.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 You mentioned this bankruptcy/shipping may affect clothing also.  I have a feeling it already has affected clothing.  I placed an order 10/13 for D&C items and they are still in the "in process" mode 8 days later.  It would be a good customer service if QVC issued an explanation for the delay instead of pretending this is normal.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nomore wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I bet the shipping problem has Valerie chewing her fingernails and merchandisers at QVC pulling their hair out.  It may be the reason for sudden show changes.  I wish they'd say what's going on with the changes...you'd think it was a state secret.  It may even affect clothing shows.

Somewhere, maybe in the Linea favorite brand, I read that there are/were shipments of Linea clothing delayed, canceling a show.  It is likely, it is affecting other shipments, including decor.  I don't like the secretiveness, either, it wouldn't reflect poor business practices. Stuff happens.

Yes, one of Louis's recent shows was cancelled because the new items that were to be shown did not arrive due to shipping issues.  I am sure this bankruptcy of this shipping company is the cause.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

One possibility is that one of the world's largest shipping companies recently declared bankruptcy, so the arrival of goods from Asia has been hampered drastically.  They couldn't even unload the ships that arrived at ports all over the world loaded with containers of Asia-made goods. They couldn't even dock; they were anchored off-shore.  I understand concessions were made for the sake of the crews, but this is bound to hamper the shipments of goodies from China.  Couldn't have happened at a worse time, and Americans know nothing about it.

Click Here

@Kachina624

Very Interesting!  But it's not just decor that's made in China---almost everything is made there these days (clothes, appliances, kid's toys, electronics etc).....I noticed even in local stores the Christmas decor was being shown later this year than in the past.....I thought perhaps that it was due to customers complaining about Christmas stuff being put up too early....but maybe it has to do with retailers scrambling to get merchandise delivered....It might not be just QVC experiencing problems---we could even have a real YEAR WITHOUT SANTA CLAUS with so few U.S. manufacturers these days---guess it will be My Pillows for everyone or anything currently in the warehouses---!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the information, @Kachina624

If the shipping problem turns out to be the reason for all of the show changes in home decor and clothing, it's too bad QVC didn't choose to inform the audience in some appropriate way.  Maybe they hoped nobody would notice, but they were wrong. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

But Ellen's show, ED ON AIR is continuing, and Sharon made the trip to California to broadcast the show live.....and clicking the preview from the Program Guide it looks to be a couple of gifts but mostly decor....(but nothing really new  except for some trees and some ornaments but mostly return of items from last year).... I haven't purchased anything from her holiday line....nothing has caught my eye...

http://www.qvc.com/for-the-home/ed-on-air/_/N-lgluZ1z137pz/c.html

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Valued Contributor

I was also  disappointed that Carolyn's show had no Christmas decor.  I taped the show, and then had to delete it, when I saw there were no decorations.  I wish QVC would let us know why they aren't showing Christmas decor.  I look forward to them every year, but will have to curtail watching QVC for other alternatives.

Honored Contributor

I posted in another thread about this issue but as of October 15th, Jill's shows were still planned as decor shows. She had responsed to some comments on her FB page about upcoming items, upcoming themes, etc.  Then they were changed to gift shows and when asked, she responsed that QVC changed things up.

It will be interesting to see if she says anything tonight.  I tuned in last night to QVC, not knowing Carolyn was even on and she was presenting the TSV.  I tuned in again a little while later and she was again presenting the TSV. 

Respected Contributor

If shipping is the problem then many retailers, not just Q, may end up taking a big loss. Don't think most will want to store it until next year.