Esteemed Contributor

Holidays with Carolyn, no decor??

It seems that so e of the dhows listed as trim and decor ate now gift shoes instead ,  so guess it is  not just home with jill shows .   I do t care for tne gif shows ,  I shop locally for our gifts ,  but do enjoy most of the  decor shows.  So I guess the metallic decor Friday will now not e shown.  I don't like watching jill but do love to see whst decor is offered so will most of the time watch for as long as I can or on mute .  Guess won't gave to worry so hey,  it saves me $$$$ !!!  I don't know what is going on at qvc.  At least for now Valerie's dhows are still going to be on.  So will look forward to them,  love her and enjoy seeing her items.

Honored Contributor

Re: Holidays with Carolyn, no decor??

@Kitty Galore  I agree that the decor shows appear to be finished, except for Valerie's.  It makes me wonder if QVC is going in a different direction.  In the program guide Jill's Friday night show is labeled 'Gifts'.  I was so looking forward to the metallics but I'll survive just fine.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know whether or not it is because the home decor isn't selling that well, or if the products are such poor  quality they are being heavily returned (so much more as is than there used to be), but something definitely does seem up with the lack of Christmas decor shows.

I do see they are mixing pieces in with 'gift' shows, but it just isn't the same. They aren't doing a good job bringing in 'different' and unique items, the quality is lesser with each passing year, and they seem to be buying things in the several hundred thousand quantity, and beat us over the head with the same few items until they move them all (which sometimes takes a couple of years).

Esteemed Contributor

I think the state of the economy has met the "gee, I just don't do much for the holidays" people to combine for one big "meh".

I'm not talking about those who don't observe but those who choose to recognize the holidays and yet see them as a chore to be dreaded.

I work with 20 & early 30's kids just starting out with a young marriage and they have no interest in celebrating. Many kids are content to sit at home alone and prefer FB to a holiday dinner.

Trusted Contributor

I'm glad it isn't just me feeling this way.  I've noticed it, too ~ I bought many really nice decorations for harvest from QVC this year, but was just thinking to myself that the holiday/Christmas things are few and far between.  I picked up a few nice things this year but not close to what I was afraid I would spend.  I guess that's a good thing???  :-)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

One possibility is that one of the world's largest shipping companies recently declared bankruptcy, so the arrival of goods from Asia has been hampered drastically.  They couldn't even unload the ships that arrived at ports all over the world loaded with containers of Asia-made goods. They couldn't even dock; they were anchored off-shore.  I understand concessions were made for the sake of the crews, but this is bound to hamper the shipments of goodies from China.  Couldn't have happened at a worse time, and Americans know nothing about it.

Click Here

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

I'm glad it isn't just me feeling this way.  I've noticed it, too ~ I bought many really nice decorations for harvest from QVC this year, but was just thinking to myself that the holiday/Christmas things are few and far between.  I picked up a few nice things this year but not close to what I was afraid I would spend.  I guess that's a good thing???  :-)

@Julie928  I can't say that, because I have been shopping madly at zulily. Smiley Happy  I love Valerie's items, but zulily has so much more variety, and on a daily basis.

Esteemed Contributor

I follow business news so I'm aware of Hanjin filing for bankruptcy.

Maybe it's time to support local small businesses and craft fairs that have local crafters. 

I used to buy VPH wreaths until I stopped at my local greenhouse. I can get a lush, full white pine wreath and they'll add any trim or bows I bring in. Cost is usually $35 and the employees have extra income over the holidays.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I don't know whether or not it is because the home decor isn't selling that well, or if the products are such poor  quality they are being heavily returned (so much more as is than there used to be), but something definitely does seem up with the lack of Christmas decor shows.

I do see they are mixing pieces in with 'gift' shows, but it just isn't the same. They aren't doing a good job bringing in 'different' and unique items, the quality is lesser with each passing year, and they seem to be buying things in the several hundred thousand quantity, and beat us over the head with the same few items until they move them all (which sometimes takes a couple of years).

I agree.....variety seems limited so repeating items is constant.......Harvest shows are practically non existent....and Christmas shows are limited....and not the greatest reviews on many items.......they seem to be going more for their own produced items...Santa's Best i thought was QVC's brand?  not sure....and cutting down the Bethelehem lights line....and more Jill then Valerie, etc.Unfortunately.....the original items sold and were rated better.......

Honored Contributor

I bet the shipping problem has Valerie chewing her fingernails and merchandisers at QVC pulling their hair out.  It may be the reason for sudden show changes.  I wish they'd say what's going on with the changes...you'd think it was a state secret.  It may even affect clothing shows.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment