Respected Contributor

Re: Holidays With Jill Bauer Show -- Roll Call?

@elated wrote:

I only watch a few minutes of any show so I didn't notice the roll call. I did notice when she called out the set director regarding bringing the lights down on a wreath. Also, it appears she has gotten bigger but maybe I haven't seen her in quite a while.

I'm sorry, and don't want to derail this thread, but honestly, what on earth does it matter whether or not she's gotten bigger?  Geesh, I get so tired of the body shaming comments.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@elated wrote:

I only watch a few minutes of any show so I didn't notice the roll call. I did notice when she called out the set director regarding bringing the lights down on a wreath. Also, it appears she has gotten bigger but maybe I haven't seen her in quite a while.

I'm sorry, and don't want to derail this thread, but honestly, what on earth does it matter whether or not she's gotten bigger?  Geesh, I get so tired of the body shaming comments.

@Buck-i-Nana- it never stops does it. I love these boards, have been here for years, but some of the comments are so rude and hurtful and it gets really old. So cruel to fellow human beings. Stop already. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

She doesn't suffer from a lack of confidence does she.?!

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Lol, most of the comments on this thread have been rude and intended to be hurtful to Jill, IMO. Par for the course on these boards unfortunately, no matter who is hosting or who the guests are, it never stops. Of course we all know, everyone posting is just perfect in everything they do. This has been the only hour (the last hour) show I have watched this year. I bought a few things, which I don't need, but I do like that Jill explains all the details on the items she is showing. I could not care less, her size, her voice, etc. I did hear her do a call out to people posting on her IPad (?), that lasted all of maybe 6-7 seconds, enough to totally ruin the show for some, apparently, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains name calling

Esteemed Contributor

15 minutes to Valerie.....

Respected Contributor

The sell outs were coming so fast she couldn't keep up and at that point she was unhappy with her producer trying to redirect her to move quickly. Her back has been giving her trouble, so I give her a pass. She can work it out with her staff. I agree it was a disruptive moment, but overall I enjoyed her show.

I bought the poinsettia picks in champagne on "as is" for a nice savings, and the blanket to use as a coverlet on the guest bed to give that room a more seasonal look for winter. I thought the pricing was excellent on most items, and would have bought the mirror trays if they were similar in size. I wanted to use them propped up as a backdrop on my mantle for some pedestals, but they needed to be the same size. This happens a lot when they sell items in pairs. I understand varying heights in groups of 3, but pairs are often used to bookend other items and that doesn't work if they aren't the same size. Boo boo, I will get get over it. Lol

Respected Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
Lol, most of the comments on this thread have been rude and intended to be hurtful to Jill, IMO. Par for the course on these boards unfortunately, no matter who is hosting or who the guests are, it never stops. Of course we all know, everyone posting is just perfect in everything they do. This has been the only hour (the last hour) show I have watched this year. I bought a few things, which I don't need, but I do like that Jill explains all the details on the items she is showing. I could not care less, her size, her voice, etc. I did hear her do a call out to people posting on her IPad (?), that lasted all of maybe 6-7 seconds, enough to totally ruin the show for some, apparently, lol.

It lasted longer than that and happened more than once, and yes, while you might find it minor, it did ruin the whole show for me for the reason I stated above.  For me, turning the sound down doesn't make sense.  At that point, I change the channel and shop on-line.

Honored Contributor

I  just can't watch Jill, no matter what's she's selling.  I didn't watch today so I saved money.  I may miss out on something that I would like but can't help it.  She can't just say that she helped design something but goes on and on with the 'I' until I am nauseated.  Also, they need to give her more time as it appears she can't handle being rushed and is always out of breath which is annoying to listen to. 

I won't be watching or buying.  The Q needs to give it's customers  different host for  holiday shows, not the same one, and to me, especially  not this host all the time.

Honored Contributor

@RazorSharp wrote:

@Auntiebean1 wrote:

I was surprised that Jill snapped at the producer for rushing her.  I love Jill but she seemed very rushed today.  It seemed uncharacteristic for her to  snap on air.   

LOL!   Are you kidding me?  She snaps at people all the time.  I've seen her not only snap at people on set for making too much noise, I've seen her snap at a caller for incorrectly stating that they bought something from one of her shows when it was something they bought from someone else's show.

@RazorSharp @Auntiebean1

I saw her do a jewelry show where she snapped at the cameraman for showing her wearing earrings instead of the models....she said show them that's what they are getting paid for....(and it wasn't in a nice tone either)....most hosts like to put on the earrings and model for the viewer...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”