Honored Contributor

Holidays With Jill Bauer Show -- Roll Call?

Please tell me this isn't the new direction of Jill's Holiday Shows:

Every few minutes Jill is reading names off her tablet of people who have chimed in posting on her FB page during the show.  "Hi Carol, Mary, Linda, Beth, Donna, Ann Marie, Stella........."

We all have tipping points.  That is mine.  It sounds so irritating, so I turned the channel. If this is how all her holiday shows will be, I'm out.

Super Contributor

Re: Holidays With Jill Bauer Show -- Roll Call?

I am in and out of the room while the TV is on.  Naming names sounded a little like Miss Nancy on Romper Room.  It made me laugh.  However, I did not like when she scolded the line producer on air for rushing her.  I didn't think that was appropriate on air - even if she was joking, it is disrespectful.  I did turn down the tv and going to another room.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

QVC is watching Lisa Robertson's broadcasts, she has been using the ipad with her facebook account and talking to her people that watch her shows since the first day she was legally released from non competitive status.

Q really is trying to crush or copy  Lisa, like the format  or not they are watching Lisa like a hawk.

Lisa puts up a piece of jewelry for sale and the a few days later Q has a similar piece plastered all over their home page.

Lisa has a sellout and then about 4 months later Ripka brings in her version of the same piece.

Honored Contributor

Whether they are "watching Lisa like a Hawk" .... it's just too much.  I've been watching while I've been working and it's just too much.  The audience doesn't know Beth, Maryann, Phyllis and Ratchel so the level of caring is only applied to those people and the few that may know them....  it's a yawn, sorry.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

Whether they are "watching Lisa like a Hawk" .... it's just too much.  I've been watching while I've been working and it's just too much.  The audience doesn't know Beth, Maryann, Phyllis and Ratchel so the level of caring is only applied to those people and the few that may know them....  it's a yawn, sorry.

@Q4u

I agree with you Q has been reallly sorry lately. It is very romper roomesque.

Contributor

I was surprised that Jill snapped at the producer for rushing her.  I love Jill but she seemed very rushed today.  It seemed uncharacteristic for her to  snap on air.   

Trusted Contributor

@Auntiebean1 wrote:

I was surprised that Jill snapped at the producer for rushing her.  I love Jill but she seemed very rushed today.  It seemed uncharacteristic for her to  snap on air.   

LOL!   Are you kidding me?  She snaps at people all the time.  I've seen her not only snap at people on set for making too much noise, I've seen her snap at a caller for incorrectly stating that they bought something from one of her shows when it was something they bought from someone else's show.

Esteemed Contributor

- Minus the iPad call outs......

I loved watching Jill and the show!

Put stuff on my Wish List.  I plan (will try) to watch for "as is"  or do without (that's if my will power holds out!)

Esteemed Contributor

I only watch a few minutes of any show so I didn't notice the roll call. I did notice when she called out the set director regarding bringing the lights down on a wreath. Also, it appears she has gotten bigger but maybe I haven't seen her in quite a while.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Please tell me this isn't the new direction of Jill's Holiday Shows:

Every few minutes Jill is reading names off her tablet of people who have chimed in posting on her FB page during the show.  "Hi Carol, Mary, Linda, Beth, Donna, Ann Marie, Stella........."

We all have tipping points.  That is mine.  It sounds so irritating, so I turned the channel. If this is how all her holiday shows will be, I'm out.

That's when I turned it off.  The pitch of her voice and droning of the names just cut through my head from one ear to the other.  YUCK.

I really like that large ornament pair, but to get the look I would want would take three sets and no way I'm paying $17.50 in s&h.