Honored Contributor

Holiday Wrapping Paper This Year

I looked around a little for wrapping since I had forgotten to order some.  I usually order the heavy weight from Current Catalog.  They have beautiful designs and bright colors on heavy stock.  I don't tear through corners using their paper.  

I went to Michaels Crafts; they had a 2 mixed boxes.  I did buy some red with Merry Christmas written in stripes across the paper.  The other designs weren't pretty.

My group appreciates a wrapped gift.  They don't like gift bags.

I went to Hallmark.  Their designs were always so pretty.  Remember their displays of wrapped paper with matching bows and name tags?  They now specialize in cartoon and character paper.  I didn't buy a thing.

Hobby Lobby was on the other side of town, so I never got there.  

I made due with what I had; some of the double rolls got used up to a few inches.

Respected Contributor

Re: Holiday Wrapping Paper This Year

Caspari offers beautiful Christmas wrapping paper (plus cards and more). They are expensive but have an after Christmas sale. I ordered a few rolls the other day. You might wish to check their website. Good luck!

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG - I believe Hallmark now sells all of its best-quality items on Amazon; over the past couple of years, I've purchased quite a variety of really nice paper, boxes, bags, bows, and other wrapping goods there. I especially enjoy the heavyweight double-sided paper they offer since it typically has a more whimsical side and a more traditional side so I can easily tailor the wrap to the gift.

Respected Contributor

i saw this kit on a clearance show.

looks to be high quality.

price is awesome.

https://www.qvc.com/home-reflections-42-piece-holiday-gift-wrap-set.product.H263956.html?sc=PSCH&qq=...

giftwrap.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

While you don't get a huge selection of Christmas wrapping paper, I find Costco has good quality wrapping paper when offered during the season.  Their rolls seem to last forever.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG In the past two years I've gotten beautiful, very good quality tubes of wrapping paper at Marshall's.

Two yrs ago, when it seemed Buffalo plaids and regular plaid were trending got a very pretty deep green/deep wine/gold plaid I just finished up using this year and got complimented on. And a black/white buffalo plaid, I put bright red bows on that year.

This year I got a lovely kind of dusty green/aqua with gold leaves that is more seasonal I can use Christmas or anytime..with beautiful rustic burlap/gold tinged curly bows that went with it beautifully. Looks so expensive and wasn't. The wrapping at Marshall's generally about $5-6, bows $3. The paper btw, very substantial and thick, great quality paper.

I know it's maybe after the fact, but you can always buy now for next year.

Hope that helps you! Good luck.

Respected Contributor

I get Christmas paper from a school fund raiser each year. I have a small family so don't use much but, as someone else said, my people aren't much on gift bags. The paper I get is similar to the Current Catalog: heavy weight and two sided, and I love it. I'm not much on fancy gift wrapping, only because I get bored with it, so these designs always make for a pretty package. Now that you mention it, I haven't seen either cards or wrapping papers in the stores like I used to. With so many people using online sales, our local stores work hard to keep things in stock that they think will sell.

Esteemed Contributor

I worked at a Hallmark store many years ago and  I would buy all my wrapping paper there , great quality , many different designs to choose from .  I still do pick up wrapping paper there along with other places , Homegoods , Hobby Lobby .

In the past  from the Current catalog ,  but haven't ordered from there in the last few years though.

Respected Contributor

I, too, prefer wrapping paper over gift bags.  Old school here, but I like the thought of opening the paper as opposed to just pulling something out of a bag, albeit even with all the tissue paper around it.  I also like watching my gift recipients open their packages that way.

For really big boxes, we use the old stand by, the Sunday Comics.  But when buying the rolls, always have a relative or two selling the wrapping paper as part of their school's fundraiser.  A bit pricey but they always have a nice selection, plus I know a portion goes to help the school.  

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

Current Catalog hasn't changed at all, thank goodness.  I just got a few rolls for next year on deep discount through Mr Rebates.