Regular Contributor

I noticed that the upcoming CIJ finale is going to feature an hour on Hallmark. Does anyone know what is going to be shown?

Valued Contributor

Re: Hallmark hour On July 29th

I have no idea.  I didn't know they were doing an hour of HM.

I wish I could figure out how to enter their contest.   When I click on the page to enter, all that's there are pictures, gift cards, HM ornaments, etc. with numbers on them. I assume the numbers correspond with each day of the contest. Can't find anywhere to enter my name, nothing to click on.  I guess I'm dumber than a box of rocks but I can't figure it out.

Honored Contributor

There are a few Hallmark products already online here at Q, none of which seems better than a Walmart purchase, as far as I can see. I certainly hope they will be adding something more.

Most of our Hallmark stores have closed in this area, and it is such a shame to see them become what they are today. They used to have the most beautiful cards, giftware, wrap and books but not anymore (at least the ones that were here and now gone). I miss the beautiful stores that were in our area at one time.

Regular Contributor

@MathisFan I went to QVC.com/Hallmark and I couldn't really find anything about the contest it almost sounds as if any QVC shopper is eligible and is chosen at random. I could be way off on that. At that same link there were six products shown. I'm wondering if that is what will be shown and if so will they really be spending an hour on six products. It would be nice if some made for QVC only ornaments were part of the show.

Regular Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

There are a few Hallmark products already online here at Q, none of which seems better than a Walmart purchase, as far as I can see. I certainly hope they will be adding something more.

Most of our Hallmark stores have closed in this area, and it is such a shame to see them become what they are today. They used to have the most beautiful cards, giftware, wrap and books but not anymore (at least the ones that were here and now gone). I miss the beautiful stores that were in our area at one time.

@Mominohio I saw the six products and three were similar theme being snowmen. I too am hoping some exclusive limited stuff will pop up and be top secret till just before the scheduled time slot.

There is one Hallmark store about 10 miles from me and ornament Premiere day looked pretty business as usual. I went to the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament collector page on facebook and there were people who said their local stores made a big deal out of premiere day even providing refreshments. I guess I have to be grateful the one I can get to is still operating. I stopped in again today and picked up the last Snoopy and Charlie Brown Halloween ornament the store had. I picked the last one from the shelf and it was broken and store clerk asked me if I wanted the display one and I said yes. The clerk stated that whatever Halloween themed ones that are on the shelf are it for the year.

Esteemed Contributor

I managed a hallmark store years ago,  the ornament premiere was always a wonderful, busy weekend!!!  A lot of fun and a lot of work, but always successful .  Nowadays it is just smother weekend nothing special.  I feel the thrill and popularity of the ornaments has worn off or perhaps as all colletables economy has caused those not to buy.  I too have also noticed the merchandise in many of the Hallmark stores is not the quality it once was.  I'm very lucky to have the beautiful items I purchased when I worked there.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just an FYI, I have looked at their gift bags....Sam's Club offers almost the identical Hallmark sets every year. That's where I buy them and they generally have 2 or 3 different sets...traditional, modern, and kids .....for about $17 per set. Tissue paper is 500 sheets for $8 or $9.