Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Christmas Movies 2017 News

@VaBelle35 wrote:

"Hallmark CHANNEL will premiere 20 new Christmas movies and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries will premiere 12."

Not sure how many will be aired during the Christmas in July event.  Or if they don't count those in this number.

Thanks for reminding me @VaBelle35 !

My daughter and I started a tradition of watching them together when she was just a kid.  We've continued it every year.  Some are really pretty good for what they are, some are boring and a few aren't worth watching, but it's all part of the fun.

Now I tape them and we pick those that look the best to us.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7  My dermatologist told me a similar story last week.  She said she and her 13 year old daughter have had a tradition of reading the same books.  She said that she found she really enjoys teen and pre-teen books a lot more than she thought she would and it's spoiled her for adult books.  LOL  She said they've also started watching a lot more Hallmark movies together as well as her daughter is more and more into boys and romance.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@Noel7  My dermatologist told me a similar story last week.  She said she and her 13 year old daughter have had a tradition of reading the same books.  She said that she found she really enjoys teen and pre-teen books a lot more than she thought she would and it's spoiled her for adult books.  LOL  She said they've also started watching a lot more Hallmark movies together as well as her daughter is more and more into boys and romance.

These are great traditions, mom and daughter, but I have a cautionary side to this.

Being the mom of a son, I had to start talking to him in middle school, about the over romanticizing of literature and film directed at today's young girls and women. 

This was about the time the Twilight saga was popular, along with a host of other books and movies, and so many of them revolve around girls (women) seeing boys (men) as their saviour or protector, their knight in shining armor if you will. They don't focus on women being strong and independent. 

Girls internalize this at a young age, expect that level of romance in all relationships, expect it at a very early age, and it really puts young men and boys in a rough spot, that they aren't ready to fulfill (nor should they be!).

So while I support kids and parents doing things together, I hope that moms of younger girls are choosing to share literature and movies that steer away from unrealistic romantic expectations, and focus more on history, or female independence, supporting other women, etc.

Honored Contributor

Are you all playing the Hallmark Channel Christmas Movie Bracket Game on their website?

Some were hard to pick because I either didn't see them or both were equally meh.

Christmas Under Wraps is my top pick, hands down.  It's my favorite followed by Let It Snow.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

I love these corny movies. Can watch them with my kids and never have to worry about the content.  I love that they all have a happy ending. Just what we want to see over the holidays.

My favorite is also Let it Snow. Also A Crown for Christmss with Danica McKeller.

Esteemed Contributor

I love the Hallmark movies, on both Hallmark Channels.  They are such a nice, positive escape for a couple of hours.  I could watch the Christmas offerings all year round.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i have a few favorites.....i loved that new one this past year with candace cameron bure (the one where she was transported forward in time.....forgot the name already.). i also really like FIR CRAZY and OUR FIRST CHRISTMAS and THE CHRISTMAS NOTE.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Wonderful feel good movies.

Honored Contributor

via "its a wonderful movie" blog

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries announces the start of production on “Love Finds Its Way,” a two-hour Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Original World Premiere, shooting in Vancouver and set to premiere exclusively on the network, Sunday, July 9 (9 p.m. ET/PT) as part of the network’s highly-rated GOLD CROWN CHRISTMAS franchise.

In “Love Finds Its Way,” Jane Evans is a single mother dead set on protecting her teenage daughter Betsy from the harsh realities of life. When Betsy falls in love with an enlisted man, Jane tries her best to steer Betsy away from heartache. Little does Jane realize she and her daughter are about to learn important lessons of the heart and that taking chances can sometimes lead to the most extraordinary happy endings.

http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2017/03/new-movie-for-gold-crown-christmas-week.html?utm_sour...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

My Hallmark Christmas Movie Bracket is busted.

My favorite movies were out in round 2.

Smiley Sad

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN