Honored Contributor

Hallmark Christmas Movies 2017 News

"Hallmark CHANNEL will premiere 20 new Christmas movies and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries will premiere 12."

Not sure how many will be aired during the Christmas in July event.  Or if they don't count those in this number.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Christmas Movies 2017 News

Thanks. Their movies are so cheesy and formulaic, but I still enjoy them. I like that they feature different couples who are over 25 or even over 40.

I really hope they practice more diverse casting this year. They are one of the least diverse channels on TV and in 2017, we need better.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh I can hardly wait, I love Hallmark movies!

Respected Contributor

Drives me crazy when you see the same actors from movie to movie with different women..................the nerve of those men!!     LOL

Respected Contributor

Just Bling: agree with your comment, however I still watch most, not all, of them!
Regular Contributor

Thanks for this news I can't wait! Hallmark movies are cheesy and predictable but I still love them as they capture the magic of the season and are calming to watch especially late at night with the tree aglow.

Honored Contributor

I used to really enjoy the Hallmark Christmas movies, but this last year or so, I really don't find much value in the new ones. I still enjoy some of the older ones, but the romance is just getting too repetitive and boring. 

We don't get the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel, and I'm sorry we don't, as the movies shown on there seem much better, less romance, more real life.

Honored Contributor

Christmas 2016 is barely out the door....lol   Honestly, that isn't news.  They always make a bunch of new ones every year.   I didn't know that they showed the new ones during CIJ because I don't do CIJ....for anything.  I do love those movies but it's a bit like eating chocolates....they are so sweet that eating too many makes you sick.   I generally watch a couple of new ones and couple of the older ones that are my favorites.  But not before Thanksgiving.

Esteemed Contributor

Chrystaltree wrote:

I do love those movies but it's a bit like eating chocolates....they are so sweet that eating too many makes you sick

@chrystaltree  ITA so I "detox" with a few hours on the ID Channel with the murder shows. lol

Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark and More Christmas Movies 2017 News

INSP Films has commenced production on the romantic movie, Christmas on the Coast, with filming taking place in the picturesque Georgia towns of St. Simons, Brunswick and Darien. The announcement was made by Gary Wheeler, Vice President of Original Movies at INSP Films.

“In the tradition of ‘You’ve Got Mail’ and ‘Sweet Home Alabama’ comes our latest holiday film, Christmas on the Coast,” said Wheeler. “It follows the story of a New York romance novelist, who after a string of flops, looks to get her creative juices flowing again by heading home to the south for the winter. What awaits her there is more than she expected, and definitely more than she came for. It is a heartwarming story of love, hope and inspiration.”

Christmas on the Coast is produced by INSP Films and will be distributed by Imagicomm Entertainment. The movie is scheduled for release in November 2017.

http://itsawonderfulmovie.blogspot.com/2017/03/INSP-films-begins-production-Christmas-on-the-Coast.h...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein