Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Channel - Countdown to Christmas starts October 28, 2016

Christmas Under Wraps is my #1.  It was just released on DVD this week, I pre-ordered it from Walmart so I can have it.

Let It Snow is my second favorite.  I bought the DVD last year.

I can watch these 2 over and over.

I watched a new holiday movie on Up the other day.  OMG they are even worse.  I mean, the acting is like my niece's high school play (and I think my niece's theater boosters are even better than this crop of actors).

Take a look.  You will appreciate the talent at Hallmark after. 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QP Doll wrote:

I love those Hallmark movies.  They are sweet!  Looking forward to the Christmas ones as long as they are new. Have seen all the others.

@QP Doll, I love them too, they take you away into a "perfect world" where "everyone lives happily ever after", so to speak!  Which is nice to watch and not have to focus on reality for awhile!

I watched two Saturday night that I had previously seen but I enjoyed watching again!Heart

Honored Contributor

I'm watching Love Always, Santa right now.  It's cute.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Finding Father Christmas is really good. 

Probably the best one this season.

I wish she would tie her coat belt.  That was the most annoying thing throughout the whole movie.  LOL

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Christmas Under Wraps is my #1.  It was just released on DVD this week, I pre-ordered it from Walmart so I can have it.

Let It Snow is my second favorite.  I bought the DVD last year.

I can watch these 2 over and over.

I watched a new holiday movie on Up the other day.  OMG they are even worse.  I mean, the acting is like my niece's high school play (and I think my niece's theater boosters are even better than this crop of actors).

Take a look.  You will appreciate the talent at Hallmark after. 

I keep these two on my DVR year round. They are my favs too. Love Candace Cameron Bure in holiday movies!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

Some of them are enjoyable, many of them aren't. They use the same stable of actors, many of whom aren't particularly talented. Given the same actors and the often similar plots, some of the movies do tend to blur together. They also repeat the movies, old and new, too many times. The sets and houses are sometimes the highlight of the movies.

--------------

I just started watching the Hallmark channel.  The movies all seem to be based on non-plot plots!!  I love the midless watching...has become my daily treat!              Boy/girl meets boy/girl, boy/girl loses boy/girl, boy/girl marries boy/girl etc etc.  Somewhere along the way,  people's plans are always altered by snow, broken down cars, missed airplane travel, jobs out of town etc. Then they have to stay in beutifully decorated inns!!  And there is always a mystical Santa invovlved in the couple's love story!!  I do love the Holiday scenes and festive atmosphere of the movies. Also, love the way the Christmas sets are staged - lovely holiday decor!!

Honored Contributor

The houses and towns are lovely to look at.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm re-watching my favorite Fall Hallmark movies this week.  Trying to enjoy the Fall season before it comes crashing to a halt in a few hours.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

So enjoyed Journey Back to to Christmas and Finding Father Christmas.  I know some of the the themes get a bit repetitive, but they are a nice deviation.  I find the movies have improved over the past few years and they aren't playing as many commercials as they used to!   I am hooked!

Honored Contributor

It seesm the ones on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries this year have a little more meat to them.

I liked Finding Father Christmas as well.  I haven't watched Journey Back to Christmas yet.  But Candace's movies always seem to be a notch above the others.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN