Valued Contributor

Guess my style is not as "rustic" as I thought..

after viewing some of the items from Jill's show scheduled for tonight. Don't see anything that I would want and some things like the furry tree are downright creepy looking! JMO.

I will be watching, though. I just don't see these things as being big sellers. Having said that, they'll probably be ALL sellouts! LOL. What do I know??

Respected Contributor

Re: Guess my style is not as "rustic" as I thought..

ha, @country gal thanks for the reminder about the show.  I have cut back on what I buy for the holidays -- I really have enough "stuff" but I enjoy watching the decor shows.

One of the few things I watch on QVC these days.  I'm just not into the various "gift shows" which are mostly just stuff QVC sells all year and are repacking for the holidays.

I'm looking forward to seeing the "furry" tree.  I have 2 cats - sometimes mine is furry, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Hmmmm.  When I think of "rustic", I think of wood and burlap more than faux leather and fur.  Not sure how I feel about some of these items, but I'm looking forward to the show just the same.  

Valued Contributor

I actually think the horse with the furry tail and mane is O.K. but then a horse DOES has a tail and mane IRL, but I just don't get the fur on the tree thing. 

I  bought LR's Woodland Pine Christmas tree in July and was looking forward to this show for some other woodland accents, but I'm pretty disappointed in what I'm seeing so far. I'll have to hit the stores after Thanksgiving to see what they have. 

Respected Contributor

I love the sleigh!  I would be perfect sitting under my family room tree or on a table next to it.  Unfortunately, I think my cats would have a field day with the faux fur on it.

Esteemed Contributor

I find the fur items creepy as well , yuck!

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

Yeah, not to offend anyone, but I didn't 'get' the fur things either. I liked the tall santa and snowman, but not enough to buy anymore stuff. 

I don't know about any of the rest of you, but I'm about decored out by this time of the season.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I couldn't bear watching her for very long, but did check on line and would hardly call this a 'rustic' collection. Very slim pickings. More mercury glass and not much else. Disappointing.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Kitty Galore wrote:

Yeah, not to offend anyone, but I didn't 'get' the fur things either. I liked the tall santa and snowman, but not enough to buy anymore stuff. 

I don't know about any of the rest of you, but I'm about decored out by this time of the season.

@Mominohio  I can honestly say that there was nothing in that show that tempted me. Just not my style.  But also, like you, I'm decored out now so not looking to buy anymore for this year.

Honored Contributor

@country gal wrote:

I actually think the horse with the furry tail and mane is O.K. but then a horse DOES has a tail and mane IRL, but I just don't get the fur on the tree thing. 

I  bought LR's Woodland Pine Christmas tree in July and was looking forward to this show for some other woodland accents, but I'm pretty disappointed in what I'm seeing so far. I'll have to hit the stores after Thanksgiving to see what they have. 

@country gal  Hi country gal....try Hobby Lobby--in my favorite HL store they have 2 whole aisles of rustic....Pier 1 offered some rustic items too last year...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”