Respected Contributor

Last year:

IMG_1731.JPG

This year:
IMG_3645.JPG

Pardon the glare in the second pic. Still may change things a bit after I decorate other rooms. I have those super glittery trees behind the fireplace screen. Not sure where to put them yet, so wanted them out of the way, inaccessible to the dogs.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom

What an improvement! Isn't it funny how obsessed we can get and the wonderful results?

This looks more elegant than last year, but still keeps in concert with the style of the room and the fireplace. It is very well balanced and adding the red trees and are they strings of lights (well fake lights??)? in the garland really made for a great 'pop'!

The hearth looks cleaner (I miss my woodburning fireplace, and there is just nothing you can do if you are burning in them, wood and ash is wood and ash, but oh the feel, the smell the sound!!) and very balanced too (I have a thing for balance, can you tell?).

Are you pleased with the results? I certainly think it turned out fantastic. Had fun this year going through it step by step as you were making your choices!

And again, those stockings are so cute and unique. Really sets the whole 'mood' for the room!

Respected Contributor
@Mominohio
Thank you so much! It is funny how obsessed we can get. I think DH thought I was crazy with the number of Q packages I've received this season. I showed DH the before and after and he agrees that it looks better, cohesive and balanced. I'm an engineer so have a thing with balance too.

I really think the red trees made a big difference. They add the height I needed and a pop of red. In the garland, I added H208733, the glittered bulb garlands. I had bought red and gold picks too, not knowing which I'd use, and I think they'd look good too, maybe even better, but I'm not redoing the mantel, lol, will try the picks in the Christmas tree.

I love the stockings we got for us and the dogs and was glad I could add decorations to set the scene while keeping them as the focal point. I had fun too and appreciate your and everyone else's input. Smiley Happy
Valued Contributor

Love your mantle this year..such an improvement! Your brick FP and mantle look very similar to mine, except we did away with the wood burning and put in a gas insert a few years ago. I put a wreath in the middle and have those red MG trees for height, as well. As I remember, you were torn about getting the trees or what trees to get. I got one of the red ones last year and my DH liked it so well he wanted me to get the green also. THAT never happens! I was happy to please him (and myself) so I got another red and 2 green ones. LOL. That way I can have them displayed one on each side of the mantle as you do...I like balance. The other two I separate and put in different places, one in the middle of the DR table and the other on the bedside table ( my hubby's request) 

Anyway, I'm glad you got the red trees. I knew you would like them. 

Honored Contributor

Cute, but Gary has some big britches😀

Respected Contributor

@crazycockermom I really like the addition of the red trees this year.  I like the height and the color balance.  Nice job!

Respected Contributor

Very pretty and festive.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom  I love your mantel.  The wreath is lovely and really finishes off the festive look.  I know it's even more beautiful in person too. 

Are you finding a place for all of your new Christmas items.  Some of mine are still looking for a place to park for the season.  Have fun.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Cute, but Gary has some big britches😀

@AuntG  LOL, he sure does.

Honored Contributor

Id like it better if it wasn't so perfectly symmetrical. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment