Respected Contributor

Re: Favorite Christmas Decor?

Hi, Luriya...nice question.  I like my Dept. 56 snow village, but we don't put it out every year because it's too much effort.  I like the garland that get draped and decorated around the fireplace and some of the tall case pieces.  I really miss it when we take it down after the holidays.

Honored Contributor

A real Christmas tree and real greens.  Nothing beats that smell.  No faux for us!

Trusted Contributor

I love the ornaments I hang on the tree.  I decided 30 years ago that when we traveled I would pick up an ornament that would remind me of the trip.  I now have beautiful ornaments from all over, plus ones that celebrate special occasions.  Pleasant memories wash over me as I hang them on the tree.

My second favorite is the large nativity village that I set up.  I find it fun to arrange it a little differently each year, and the figures become like old friends.

Esteemed Contributor

It would be a much smaller list of what is not my favorite..

So here is the list:

(yeah, there is nothing that is not my favorite)

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

It would be a much smaller list of what is not my favorite..

So here is the list:

(yeah, there is nothing that is not my favorite)

@Mary Bailey

Yep! I think we all have that same feeling!

Wreaths, especially the Valerie Hill Parr wreaths with white Magolia's. I hope she has those for July shows.

Occasional Contributor

My favorite decoration is the tree with all the lights and the ornaments.  It always looks so pretty.  I also love buying snowman decoartions. Christmas is my favorite time of the year, so I love all things Christmas.

Valued Contributor

My favorite thing is a 4ft wooden tree my husband bought in Rothenberg while we were living in Germany. It has the tiers of Biblical scenes and when the candles are lit on the bottom, it turns. I see these here and there, but the biggest selection I've ever seen was at the Yankee Candle shop in Williamsburg, VA.  I bought lots of replacement candles for ours. We've bought it the first year of marriage so it's over 34 years old and put it out every year since, now it's our only "Christmas" tree.

Respected Contributor

One of my top favorites is nostalgic ceramic Christmas Trees!

IMG_4318.JPG

Honored Contributor

I love my swarovski snowflake ornaments and also my old Radko ones. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval