Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone leave a holiday tree up all year?

There is WAY too much dust in my house to leave that up to collect more.  Some of y'all must live in dust-free zones. . . 

Honored Contributor

I was just saying a couple of days ago that I would love to do this. Just a small one (4 ft as someone already mentioned) with white lights. One of my favorite things in the world is just decorative white lights in a dark room. If I could find small scale ornaments I would do all holidays and shells/beach theme in the summer.

I was looking at a small tree on Pier One site, 99 marked down. Can't believe anyone paid 200 originally for a tree like that, but there's a buyer for anything I suppose. 99 is kind of out there too, but not if it lasts forever. Pretty stand too. It would be fine with no ornaments too.

Air purifiers can sometimes help with dust.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21  I love the small tree with white lights and the beach theme!  Thanks for sharing!Cat Very Happy

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Honored Contributor

I usually take our tree down on January 6 (Epiphany).  However, I am now in physical therapy for a fractured arm and still have several weeks to go so may keep it up a lot longer.  It took me several days to decorate the tree Victorian style and it's so pretty that I may just leave it up.  It also gives me a boost when I come home from therapy and turn the lights on.  Just so pretty  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

I have a little tree with snow and lights. It is full and wrapped in burlap.it is a plug in. No batteries. I leave it up most of the winter and I love looking at it. No ornaments. My bigger tree is down. 

Trusted Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia Oh, those trees sound just gorgeous! Wish I could see them. I know you enjoy!

Respected Contributor

@AnikaBrodie  I am sorry to hear about your arm.  Best wishes while you continue to heal.  I hope the lights on your tree can give you a little comfort!Cat Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Catiele  Your little tree sounds very pretty and seems to add a simple charm to your home.Cat Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

Good Morning, pandalady_1!

I have been teaching for 16 years. Actually, I'm currently a Kindergarten teacher.  I've been a member of these boards for a LONG time (when I was a 1st grade teacher), but just never changed my name!  Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations on 24 years of teaching!  Incredible!!!  I don't know how it happens, but the years just seem to go by so quickly.  I feel like it was only yesterday when I taught my very first class.  Heart

Honored Contributor

No, I am always ready to reclaim the space that the big tree takes.  This time I have packed up the LR tree earlier than usual  but just want to get the house back to normal everyday decor and furniture.