Honored Contributor

It seems there are now loaded into the system, the VPH items for tonight. Several say 'new' but once again they are repeats from previous years, simply given a new item number.

QVC, when we say we want to see new things, we don't mean add a new color or two to a previously sold item, and change the item number. That is not new. 

Don't mind you bringing back things, but don't insult us by trying to pass them off as new. Just find some really great truly new things. 

Please, and Thank You!

Regular Contributor

Yeah, I definitely have that cathedral mirror, for example. I bought it sometime last year. It's the exact same thing except now it also comes in silver and white. (And still the gold is prettiest!)

Respected Contributor

The stackable cake servers with ribbon isn't "new" either.  Remember it from years ago.  While the annotation on the items says "new", the overall category for sorting is "new arrivals" so I guess even if it's a rehash or reship, it's just arrived lol!

Honored Contributor

And then for some of us, it's all new.

I haven't watched Valerie for years, but since I just ordered a new sofa, I'm thinking I might want some other new things to go with it and unless you all tell me, I won't have the slightest idea whether they are new to QVC or old -  I'll just know I like them and am willing to pay the price for them. 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

And then for some of us, it's all new.

I haven't watched Valerie for years, but since I just ordered a new sofa, I'm thinking I might want some other new things to go with it and unless you all tell me, I won't have the slightest idea whether they are new to QVC or old -  I'll just know I like them and am willing to pay the price for them. 

@millieshops

Oh! I have sofa envy! Mine is over 25 years old but still looks new, and I'm very tired of it. I want a new one but can't justify it!

So have fun when your new one comes! And I'd say it definitely warrants some new pretties to go with it, so have fun shopping with Valerie!

Honored Contributor

@MominohioTY -  I'm so excited.  My sofa is also 25+ and I thought it would be the last one I'd ever own, but a massive pipe burst changed that.  I've been searching for months because, needless to say probably, furniture prices are shocking for those of us who haven't replaced for many years.

Anyway, I ordered a sofa and a chair (chair on clearance, but perfect for me) and now I can work to figure out what else I want to replace and what I can use from my current room.

Trusted Contributor

@Mominohio

You can do what I just did with my sofa---recover it!

Mine just got picked up to be recovered the other day and it will be cheaper than buying a new one.

When I was getting it ready to get picked up, I noticed the dirt spots where my dirty dog rubbed herself as I was bringing her in each day.

I have a small Bissell to clean with, but sometimes you need a change. I picked a soft taupe velvet with a beautiful autumnal print for the pillows.

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb wrote:

@Mominohio

You can do what I just did with my sofa---recover it!

Mine just got picked up to be recovered the other day and it will be cheaper than buying a new one.

When I was getting it ready to get picked up, I noticed the dirt spots where my dirty dog rubbed herself as I was bringing her in each day.

I have a small Bissell to clean with, but sometimes you need a change. I picked a soft taupe velvet with a beautiful autumnal print for the pillows.

@flickerbulb

Believe me I have thought of that. We used to have a really good upholstery family in this town, but I haven't used them in probably over 20 years now, so don't even know if they are still doing it. 

I'm seriously considering going to a much smaller sofa. It is the one piece of furniture that doesn't get much use in our living room, and I could open the space up by getting a small sofa or even a love seat in it's place. Otherwise, because of the quality, I'd be seriously thinking of recovering it.

Trusted Contributor

Does anyone know if the two gingerbread birdhouses by Valerie are repeats from previous years?  I don't recall ever seeing them because I'm sure if I had they would already be part of my Christmas stash!  They come in a cardinal and a bluebird choice.  I just purchased one of each, as well as the gold cathedral mirror.  Hopefully that's it for me ~ having a rough day today and wanted to treat myself.  As I stated in another thread one of our dogs is going in for surgery Monday but he isn't doing well as of now.  There isn't anything we can do for him until the surgery so I'm staying close to home hoping he'll eat a bit more.  I plan on browning some ground beef hoping that will do the trick.  Also, my best friend is having surgery this morning.  It is minor, but still surgery.  She lives in another state so I can't be there with her.  Sorry to be such a downer ~ I'm glad I have a place to vent as I'm sure my husband is ready to rip his hair out, lol!   

Trusted Contributor

Re: Define "NEW"

[ Edited ]

I don't know what they mean by "new" any more.

I was watching the morning show with Pat today, and the Luminara lady came on with a large hurricane lantern and said it was "new". H208779

Yeah, it's "new" becaues of the glitter balls that are included, but LaLisa presented this a few years ago with a candle ring. The reason I know this is because it;s sitting on my sideboard in the dining room.

It's not "new", it's redone. Plus, my candle comes out, and the base is sturdier. Just sayin..