Regular Contributor

@MathisFan I don't know if Christopher was ill at the time he sold his company but there were a lot of rumors about the sale. I can tell you he is perfectly healthy, seemingly happy and I am one of his many facebook friends. Last Christmas he led a tour of Bavaria Germany and the Christmas Market and the many sights there and shared photos with his fb friends. I would have loved to be able to afford that. He is doing it again this year and sadly I can't go once again lol. I can dream. If you are a fan friend him. Christopher has posted pics of his personal Christmas decor for his friends to see and photos of his other trips to places like Austria and all the places The Sound Of Music was filmed. Christopher is very inclusive and shares his great spirit with his fb friends. You can catch pics of his childhood and his days as a model too.

Valued Contributor

@Winter Holiday wrote:

@MathisFan I don't know if Christopher was ill at the time he sold his company but there were a lot of rumors about the sale. I can tell you he is perfectly healthy, seemingly happy and I am one of his many facebook friends. Last Christmas he led a tour of Bavaria Germany and the Christmas Market and the many sights there and shared photos with his fb friends. I would have loved to be able to afford that. He is doing it again this year and sadly I can't go once again lol. I can dream. If you are a fan friend him. Christopher has posted pics of his personal Christmas decor for his friends to see and photos of his other trips to places like Austria and all the places The Sound Of Music was filmed. Christopher is very inclusive and shares his great spirit with his fb friends. You can catch pics of his childhood and his days as a model too.

Thanks for the info Winter Holiday!   Glad to know he is well!   I will definitely friend him on FB. 

Honored Contributor

I collected Radko pieces when he was on the Q and love every one of them. I wish he would come back. 

Honored Contributor

I felt that when he left, it was the beginning of the end for the higher end (well, as high end as Q ever got) home decor at Q.

Radko was replaced with Paconni ornaments (that were so much less money, and so much poorer quality).

Polish stoneware was removed when Temp-tations was pushed so heavily (and the newer PS they have brought it doesn't hold a candle to the original line they used to carry).

Tiffany style lamps disappeared from the presentations (although they do carry some online).

Fenton left ( and now is all but out of business). 

Peterboro baskets are gone too ( but great prices, more selection and always free shipping from their own website). 

I know many will say 'collectables' are over, but much of these things had practical applications and uses, so they, to me, aren't on the same level as beanie babies or Precious Moments figurines.

Regular Contributor

@Mominohio if QVC felt collectables were over it wouldn't be pushing the Lenox products especially the ornaments and emphasizing the heirloom quality and tradition in the presentations. If QVC wanted to reach out to the Radko Company to strike a deal again I'm sure it could. I would much rather see Radko products than the Lenox ones. The paint on some of those Lenox ornaments like the teddy bear looks very faded and they aren't vibrant. they have what I call a very "raw" appearance.

Trusted Contributor

Christopher Radko sold his company because his heart had been broken..he was very depressed over the passing of his dear mother. That was one of the reasons.

The Radko ornies that are sold in Kmart...if they even sell them anymore...are junk. Major department stores still sell the original line, bu tthey are no longer designed by him. Theya re owned and distributed by the Rausch Compay.

http://www.christopherradko.com/

Christopher has a new venture in lavender products...

http://www.radkohudsonorganics.com/

Valued Contributor

I vote to bring back Christopher Radko also, WHOLEHEARTEDLY!!  I loved to watch the presentations and purchased, as well, didn't just watch.  I still purchase Radko ornaments, either in local shops or on the "bay".  I have one tree devoted entirely to Christopher Radko ornaments and it is incredibly beautiful!  Maybe and hopefully next year we'll see C. Radko back on the Q?!!

Regular Contributor

@just wonder I would be happy to see Christopher Radko products again on QVC. Christopher is gone from the company but I would have no problem seeing the new creative director Joseph Walden make an appearance. I have some ornaments in my collection that Mr. Walden has signed.