Trusted Contributor

Due to a number of lame excuses, one of them being the hurricane that swept through here, I failed to get all of my autumn decor up.

I am sad because it is my favorite time of year. I am trying to move holiday stuff from the garage into my new shed, but it has been so hot.

This morning, it was actually COOL! So now I am thinking that I will start working on Christmas decorating!

I have a number of lit up village pieces that I like to put way up high on my planter shelf. I have to carry them up and down the tall ladder and it takes awhile.

Last year, they did not go up. So, I think I will start placing them soon so I cannot have another lame excuse for not putting up my village.

I have electric plugs up there so it looks really cool all lit up. I use different colored bulbs in each building. Anyone else getting the itch to decorate early?

No one is going to come in here and ask why I have Christmas decorations up!

Valued Contributor

Re: Christmas Decorating Early

Hope you didn't suffer too much damage from the hurricane flickerbulb!

I love decorating early for Christmas. I have so many birthdays to deal with in Dec. I like to have everything up and done before Thanksgiving.

I'll probably have my grandson bring my tree up from the basement next weekend so I can get started.

I bet your village is adorable. I wish I had a place like that to put the few village pieces I have.  If possible, you should post a picture for us to see when you get it up and lit.

Honored Contributor

Image result for stay calm christmas is coming

Honored Contributor

You have to do what works for you.  I don't think I've decorated for Christmas before thanksgiving, but am considering it this year.  Between taking vacation and work, it will workout better doing it early.  

Honored Contributor

I will start decorating around the first week in November.  I love my fall decor too so want to enjoy it awhile longer too.  I will do the hard to reach first like @flickerbulb does.

I doubt anyone is going to care that I decorate early.  If they do, then they need to get a life of their own. lol

Honored Contributor

@flickerbulb

do what makes you feel good!!! I am thinking the same as I'm leaving on a cruise and will be away til TGiving week. Then I'm traveling home for the tg holiday -- so at this point I've enjoyed my fall decor but I'm tempted to get my Christmas decor started!

In FL today it's like a true Fall day it's wonderful!

I hope you were OK in the hurricane.

"Life is short just go for what makes you happy!"🎄🎄🎄

Respected Contributor

I agree with others. Life is short so do what you want that gives you joy! There is a house in another neighborhood that leaves their Christmas decorations outside and inside all year long. Her husband passed years ago and she does it in his memory.
Honored Contributor

What decorating we do is done two weeks before Christmas and it comes down on the 26th. I love our tree and ornaments, but two weeks is my limit. I agree with the prior poster who said do whatever brings you joy. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I agree with those who say, do what you like and works for you. Enjoy yourself. Myself, I usually don't decorate till Thanksgiving weekend, but have been thinking I would start the week before, this year. Must be something in the air, huh?
"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

I'm starting to get in the mood to decorate for Christmas as well. I'll start in about a month around Thanksgiving.