Respected Contributor

Anyone order H208958 - VPH mosaic tiled glass vase

[ Edited ]

These looked intriguing on the on air presentation, so I grabbed 4 of them, 2 in the blue/teal and 2 in the red.  They also came with micro lights.

They all arrived today and I really have to think about this because with the total of everything it came to $120 for 4 of them with the s & h.  

Now while they are pretty, they are nothing similar to VPH's 3 mosaic graduated hurricanes which are beautiful.  The grout is very white and shows up a lot more than the graduated ones.  My husband noticed the blue one is crooked, meaning the tiles that are vertical don't line up in a straight line which  means the whole thing is crooked.  In order to make them look straight you have to lean your head to the left which IMO is ridiculous.

The other blue one is a bit better but actually kind of leans the opposite way a bit.  The only 2 that look just "ok" are the red.  

We will try the microlights in them tonight, although they are very sparse for what I'm used to.  We also noticed that the wire from the battery box pulled away from the lights.  I know this can be fixed, but I'm having a difficult time with the quality control on these, particularly for the price in comparison to the 3 graduated tiled hurricanes.

Any thoughts from all of you who have been helpful to me?  TIA.

Edited to inquire if something is defective, will they credit you the total including the s & h of 5.50?  I've never sent anything back as defective. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone order H208958 - VPH mosaic tiled glass vase

@HisElk wrote:

These looked intriguing on the on air presentation, so I grabbed 4 of them, 2 in the blue/teal and 2 in the red.  They also came with micro lights.

They all arrived today and I really have to think about this because with the total of everything it came to $120 for 4 of them with the s & h.  

Now while they are pretty, they are nothing similar to VPH's 3 mosaic graduated hurricanes which are beautiful.  The grout is very white and shows up a lot more than the graduated ones.  My husband noticed the blue one is crooked, meaning the tiles that are vertical don't line up in a straight line which  means the whole thing is crooked.  In order to make them look straight you have to lean your head to the left which IMO is ridiculous.

The other blue one is a bit better but actually kind of leans the opposite way a bit.  The only 2 that look just "ok" are the red.  

We will try the microlights in them tonight, although they are very sparse for what I'm used to.  We also noticed that the wire from the battery box pulled away from the lights.  I know this can be fixed, but I'm having a difficult time with the quality control on these, particularly for the price in comparison to the 3 graduated tiled hurricanes.

Edited to inquire if something is defective, will they credit you the total including the s & h of 5.50?  I've never sent anything back as defective. 

@HisElk1  If something is defective, you will get a complete refund.  I ordered the white, but it hasn't arrived yet, so will post when it does.

Regular Contributor

These mosaic vases looked so pretty in the presentation! Sorry the blue ones you received are defective. I had considered buying the blue color too as it was such a pretty shade, but now will wait to see if others also had a this problem with the tiles being crooked.

When you fill out your return slip stating the reason for the return, be sure to mark the box that says Defective. QVC will refund purchase price along with shipping and handling if the product is defective. I usually add a separate brief note in bold print explaining what was wrong and requesting a full refund including shipping and handling charges.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl @newagain888888, thanks for your posts and information.  @mousiegirl I look forward to you posting about yours when it arrives.

It's not yet totally dark here yet, but we put in the micro lights that came with it and there's a whopping 10 which doesn't light up much.  I have a strand with 30 lights on it and put it in the other red one and wow, what a difference.  I can't imagine Valerie would only use one of those in hers to decorate.

Now the funny thing is regarding the "better" of the blue; we put the strand in that one that came with it and it looks "just ok".  When we put in the 30 lights, it literally changed the color to look almost colorless.

I will have to see how they look when it's totally dark and also what they look like during the daylight before I decide.  I'm still having trouble with both of the blue ones being crooked tiles, especially since they were each $30 total.

I was so wanting these to work out as our living area is chocolate and a teal(ish) color and the red ones I wanted to use for Christmas/V-day.

Thanks again for  your kind and helpful posts.

Honored Contributor

You will get back 100% what you paid, plus not pay return shipping for a defective item.

If you don't love them, send them back.  I don't send much back, but just sent three decor items back yesterday.  Two I didn't like at all, the third was okay.  I then had a talk with myself that okay isn't good enough.

Respected Contributor

@GCR18, thanks for your post.  Ok, as I write this, it's completely dark and as I look at them lit up (both colors), the red is the nicest but that's the one with my strand of 30 micro lights in it.

The "best" of the blue (the other is waiting to be packed up to return) is lit with the strand of lights that came with it.  It's funny because it looks better with less lights than with more.  Problem is, I'm just not in love with it.  

Ahhhh, decisions, decisions.  And I ended up finding what looks to be a nice 10 inch red mosaic hurricane at a place called Christmas Tree Shops in our area for 9.99.  I called to see if they have any but of course, they don't.  They placed an order for me to ship to their store, but they could take a week to come in so we'll see.  Imagine getting 3 for the price of just one.  The red ones are nice, but again, they don't "wow" me.  

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1

I'd send them all back.  The return charge is high on non defective, but why not buy something you love.  Have you checked out H210609.  It comes in blue.

Honored Contributor

@HisElk1  I'm so sorry that you're disappointed in the vases.  I can't be of any help as the color I liked was sold out when I got home.

Pack up what you don't love and return.  If they're crooked they are defective  so you won't have to pay S&H on them, just be sure to mark them defective.

I just received two of Valerie's mosiac vases, H210494,  from 'as is' and both are broken  so they will be returned.  I have marked damaged and  put tape on them to point out all the cracks and chips.  I haven't received many broken 'as is' items but both of the packages contained a broken vase.  I reordered so I'll see if they are broken too.  I'm in love with these big hurricane type vases.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HisElk1

I am posting this mainly because I sent something back which "I felt was defective" Q did not deem it "defective". I called CS and was told I should next time call them so they can indicate on the order when it is received as return.  They did NOT return my $9.95 shipping charges.

I recently ordered TSV by Vionic in my "normal" size as presentation indicated.  They were too wide for my foot I asked for refund of s/h they deemed them not a "defective item" I guess it's my feet! Didn't return my s/h fees!!!

if I ever need to return ANYTHING to them again that does not meet my expectation I will call before I waste more $$$$. (My ordering is far & few between lately).

i would suggest you call.  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@HisElk wrote:

@HisElk1  If something is defective, you will get a complete refund.  I ordered the white, but it hasn't arrived yet, so will post when it does.

@HisElk1 HomeDecor1 just reminded me through her post that you should call customer service before you return something.  I always call because I don't trust whomever opens the return to notice the defect or damage.