Trusted Contributor

The past couple of nights I sat in front of the TV stringing those plastic easter eggs you see everywhere this time of year.  I plan on hanging them as ornaments on a couple of our smaller trees in the front of the house.  It's been so windy here yesterday and today I'm hoping to be able to hang them tomorrow.  Okay, yes, it's a lot of work but it looks so darn cute when it's all done!  I also dragged out a couple concrete bunny statues and placed them in a flower bed in front ~ one free standing and a couple in a basket lined with faux forsythia.  I was just wondering if anyone else decorates the outside of their home for Easter?  If so, I'd love to hear what you do!

Trusted Contributor

My sister decorates pretty elaborately for every holiday. I'm lazy, I do decorate for Christmas and maybe something on the door for Spring or Fall. We used to do Halloween when my daughter was little. I think it's nice that you do it-Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

That sounds so cute !   I do Christmas and Halloween and Thanksgiving. All other holidays get a door decoration. I am in a condo so we are a little limited on what we can do. Gee........I really miss my childhood now ! lol.........I think I may put some very springy flowers outside and get some pretty color out there !!!!!

Trusted Contributor

When my children were young I used to hang the plastic eggs on one of the trees outside also.  Very cute.  Now that they are grown, I don't do it.  Smiley Sad

Hoppy Easter to all that celebrate !

Honored Contributor

To all who decorate,

Image result for happy easter word animated images

Respected Contributor

I have an ornament that looks like a huge sugared bunny cookie that I hang beside my back door (which is the door everyone uses when they come to Easter dinner). Any other decorating is done inside. We live down a long driveway, can't see the house from the road so there's not much point in doing a lot of outside decorating for any holiday. Something by the back door is about it for me, no matter the season!

I sure love to see other people's efforts, though!

Honored Contributor

I do not decorate outdoors for Easter,  but your ideas sound lovely! When I drive by someone's house that has the eggs hanging from the trees, and they have taken the time to really fill the space, and stagger them well, it really makes me smile! Not something I'd ever take the time to do, but I so appreciate seeing it done by others. 

Your bunnies sound really nice too! I have one small concrete bunny, I guess I should do something with him for the season!

Trusted Contributor

All done, and wow ~ it's cold out there!  It's only going to get colder so there's no time like the present!  It was nice ~ there was a man & woman walking by with their grandchildren while I was decorating the trees.  They took the time to stop and point it out to the kids who were all smiles!  They told me how nice it looks and that made me smile!  :-)

Respected Contributor

Re: Anyone Else Do This?

[ Edited ]

Julie  I have been doing the eggs like that for over 30 years. For the last 20 years I have taken the plastic eggs and made a hole in them and I put my clear christmas lights in each egg. I have plastic crates full of them that i do all my shrubs in my front yard . Also take the eggs and make a hole in them and tie different colored ribbons on each one then  hang them off my porch. Also do that in my big bay window, I make each strand of ribbon a different length then they hang in different lengths. I even get a good size old tree that has nice branches on it spray it a color and hang eggs of it and put a spot light on it. Getting ready to do the Easter decorating this week inside and outside. Decorate for every holiday basement is like a warehouse, for all the different holidays. Getting to old to be doing this but everyone comes here and they all enjoy how all rooms are decorated. Glad there is someone else who enjoys decorating. Just think how many will be going past your home and enjoy seeing what you have done. 

Trusted Contributor

@cater ~ Your decorating sounds beautiful!  I love the idea of lights inside the easter eggs!  I really do love to decorate, and yep ~ my attic is like a warehouse, too!!!  It was nice to look out my front window and see the trees all decorated.  It really does brighten up the area!  Have fun decorating!  :-)