Respected Contributor

Re: A few last pictures before it's all over

They're fabulous!  Wish I could get them!

Honored Contributor

Every year I buy one or two new things for Christmas decor. This year it was the VPH melting snowmen and some candles.The problem is - I have very limited storage space once I take it all down. I could not fit everything in the closet yesterday and had to make some space in DH's closet for a bit of overflow. It is definitely time to stop buying!

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

Every year I buy one or two new things for Christmas decor. This year it was the VPH melting snowmen and some candles.The problem is - I have very limited storage space once I take it all down. I could not fit everything in the closet yesterday and had to make some space in DH's closet for a bit of overflow. It is definitely time to stop buying!

This is the problem. A piece here or a couple of things there really add up over the years. It seems with things like clothing, I can easily let go of some things when new ones come in. Christmas decor....not as easy for me to do!

Esteemed Contributor

My stuff is still up....we store most of it in the barn and the temps here are in the single digits. I'd rather look at the decorations than a bunch of boxes stacked up in the corner....

I will keep all my snowmmen up along with my 3 ft Alpine trees with just white lights until the end of Feb.....I like the 'glow' on cold nights

Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

Are those antique cars on those christmas plates??They look very vintage.I like the look.

@BeccaLou

Yes! Those are old "Woody" station wagon type cars on the plates. Walmart does these dishes every Christmas and they are by Better Homes and Gardens. Each year they introduce a couple of new salad/dessert plates to the collectiongy and the cars were this year's addition. I usually just pick up two each of the new salad plates each year (and they have usually been animal themed) but since we have a small collection of vintage cars, these seemed especially appropriate and I got one for each place setting. 

Esteemed Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

Oh!! Likey Likey!!Shpr, Is this a homemade gift from a grandparent??On the hutch.

Hi, @BeccaLou.  Is this question for me?  The photo I put in this thread is just of a double-arched lantern that I placed on the floor in front of the Christmas tree.  If it's another photo of mine posted somewhere else, I'll help answer if I can, but I don't remember posting another photo similar to what you've mentioned.  I haven't been on here in a while.  I may have forgotten.  :-)