Respected Contributor

Re: "Packaging" of handbags ? (if new)

[ Edited ]

@Julie_23 wrote:

Thanks, @libbyannE.  I couldn't believe they would ship it out like that, too.  You're right - I am disappointed the way they did it.  And, It's confusing to me in that it certainly would appear as an "as is," the way it was sent.

I usually keep all the packaging intact on my bags until I use them.  So, I'm undecided as to whether to keep this one.  I think I will probably return it, though.  I feel like I'm being silly about it; but, it just seems off when bought NEW and no wrapping/stuffing.

@Julie_23

hi! If the bag is ok, I would keep it. If it has marks and you are on the fence, call customer service and tell them about it and ask if they will give you money back if you keep it. My new tsv bag arrived with a crease in the bottom, and the color was sold out. I decided I could live with that if theybrefucedbthe price, and they credited me $50. That was the first issue I have ever had with new dooneys from QVC or the Dooney website, by the way.

Valued Contributor

Re: "Packaging" of handbags ? (if new)

Thanks, @libbyannE !  I did call them earlier, and they said they would do free return shipping, if I return it.  I also had them try and check to see if it was an "as is" that was sent instead; but, he said he couldn't tell other than it seemed like it was new.  (The price was for new.)

What's funny is that they couldn't say how they usually ship or package bags.  I always had the impression new bags were packed with paper around the hardward and key fob, etc. , along with the stuffing.

The bag has some pebbling and a few scratches; but, in sending it back, you don't know if there would be more pebbling on the other one.  

Your reply was helpful, though.  I will keep thinking on it.  Maybe I will keep it now.